United's current form.

Not much to say really apart rom let's hope we can keep up the good work.

Better than last season and going in the right direction.

AWAW.

Edited by panchobar

Six games......

2nd in the form table (very closely behind Bolton)

On a very decent unbeaten run....

Scored 14 goals (more than anyone in the league)

Conceded 5 goals (one of the best defensive records in the league)

One of the leagues most in form strikers in Billy Sharp.

All stacking up in the right direction at the minute......Long may it last!

Six games......

2nd in the form table (very closely behind Bolton)

On a very decent unbeaten run....

Scored 14 goals (more than anyone in the league)

Conceded 5 goals (one of the best defensive records in the league)

One of the leagues most in form strikers in Billy Sharp.

All stacking up in the right direction at the minute......Long may it last!

I think we just need to keep consistent and not get lazy. We'll get the odd knocks and bumps but we've just got to keep going as we are.

Can't ask for much more. The success so far on the pitch as filtered right throughout the first team squad and they seems a togetherness with a desire to win.

Onwards and upwards.

I just posted my 2-1 win prediction for the Blades to beat Chessy.

Looking at the forms of both sides, this really is a must win game to keep up at the top. Anyone else with Chessy's run we'd expect a point minimum, and really should win it.

However, I'm not confident with my 2-1 win prediction.

I think this is set up for a lose! Ex-boss,Evans, easy win for us, Chessy can be a bogey side, ... I'd love us to win this one, it would show Wilder knows how to set them up for a huge banana skin.

22 goals in the last 6 games (4 league 2 cup), not too shabby considering all the injuries to the strikers:)

I just posted my 2-1 win prediction for the Blades to beat Chessy.

Looking at the forms of both sides, this really is a must win game to keep up at the top. Anyone else with Chessy's run we'd expect a point minimum, and really should win it.

However, I'm not confident with my 2-1 win prediction.

I think this is set up for a lose! Ex-boss,Evans, easy win for us, Chessy can be a bogey side, ... I'd love us to win this one, it would show Wilder knows how to set them up for a huge banana skin.

I'd agree with that. We're "due" a bad result. We are the form team against a team struggling at the bottom. Local derbies are littered with unexpected results

Just make sure George longs not in net!!! And we will be fine :D

Just got back home after a 2,000 mile journey and the Blades working over of Leyton Orient was almost the last thing I saw over there.Some might dismiss it as a romp against a poor side,but I think we would have beaten any team still in that round and a good few that are not even in the competition yet on that showing.

We could have scored 2 or 3 early on and fiddled through the rest of the game,but we really gave them a thorough pounding over 90 minutes,worked the ball all around the pitch looking for openings, 2 v 1 situations and beating defenders to get a good cross in from different angles,running off the ball to create space and take up good positions,giving players on the ball options..........it was all there,not to mention the hard work at winning the ball and closing down.

It will be a hard ask,but I am hoping we can bottle that performance and uncork it at the start of every league game,because we aren't going to be far away from automatic if we can show up with that attitude for the rest of the season.

Just got back home after a 2,000 mile journey and the Blades working over of Leyton Orient was almost the last thing I saw over there.Some might dismiss it as a romp against a poor side,but I think we would have beaten any team still in that round and a good few that are not even in the competition yet on that showing.

We could have scored 2 or 3 early on and fiddled through the rest of the game,but we really gave them a thorough pounding over 90 minutes,worked the ball all around the pitch looking for openings, 2 v 1 situations and beating defenders to get a good cross in from different angles,running off the ball to create space and take up good positions,giving players on the ball options..........it was all there,not to mention the hard work at winning the ball and closing down.

It will be a hard ask,but I am hoping we can bottle that performance and uncork it at the start of every league game,because we aren't going to be far away from automatic if we can show up with that attitude for the rest of the season.

Agreed with all that chalga. I only watched the highlights, but I was very impressed.

One thing I liked as well, and Keith Edwards always says... even when 4 nil up, don't sit back, keep going, keep pushing, punish them, and late goals show the hunger for more. I like this attitude (it's also a bit of a Warnock thing I think - even if 4 nil down, keep going, don't let them have a clean sheet, always get something)

Edited by *_ash_*
added

Agreed with all that chalga. I only watched the highlights, but I was very impressed.

One thing I liked as well, and Keith Edwards always says... even when 4 nil up, don't sit back, keep going, keep pushing, punish them, and late goals show the hunger for more. I like this attitude (it's also a bit of a Warnock thing I think - even if 4 nil down, keep going, don't let them have a clean sheet, always get something)

I saw the MK Dons game and thought Kevin Gage summed it up very well in his piece in the Star the following Friday,he felt a bit disappointed as we came to expect more,don't know what I expected,but I felt we were a little cautious and safety first against them,but Wilder had told us to expect a hard game and that is how it turned out.

Dons built up well from the back and I thought we needed to disrupt them more,and maybe add half a yard more pace to our game,but we were happy to defend deeper and they caused few problems in our box,we cleared it well and then punished them for their mistakes in their box.

We got the break by creating a goal from almost nothing for the winner and should have had another from that late breakaway,but we were happy to see the game out and not make mistakes rather than be more expansive and it got us the points,that's the way you have to win games against sides like MK Dons who come with a plan to dominate and keep the ball better than us,do it well,and you have to find a way to beat them.

Just make sure George longs not in net!!! And we will be fine :D

Poor old George