Home offered to adult cat

having lost my elderly cat I am now ready to adopt a new adult cat, he/she should be house trained and used to living indoors as a housecat as I am in a first floor flat, would prefer an older cat as haven't got the time to train a kitten, other than going to RSPCA if anyone has any ideas or know anyone wanting to rehome one please can you pm me.

Regards

I would urge you to try somewhere like Rain Rescue or Cats protection and give a second chance to one of the cats they have who need a loving forever home

Hi Sheffsand, I have sent you a pm.

The Sheffield Cats Shelter usually have a selection of older cats looking for a good home and they're quite happy to send cats home to be house cats.

They're open for viewing every day from 1.30 to 3.30.

Sheffsand

I am fostering a lovely older lady named Rosie on behalf of Sheffield Hallam Cats Protection. It's hard to say what her exact age is but the vets estimate possibly around 9. She's certainly looking very healthy and hearty. Definitely a companion cat.

Rosie was living 'rough' outside for some time, certainly not through choice, she is such a gentle and affectionate lady.

She is very clean and has settled well, she's been with me for far too long now (since September) because most people overlook the older cats, so thank-you for wanting to adopt one.

Although she has obviously spent time outdoors, I think she would happily settle to being a housecat- she uses her litter tray and shows no indications of wanting to go outdoors.

She even tolerates the daily visits of our rescued Dobermann Jesse, who insists on helping me when I check on Rosie or feed her.

Rosie had some dental work when she was admitted to our care and has also been fully vaccinated and microchipped care of Cats Protection. She is flea and worm treated If you would like to find out more about her please check the website (there's a photo, scroll down the page for Rosie's details)

http://www.catsprotectionshop.com/Sheffield_Hallam_Cats_Protection/For_Adoption.html

Edited by katkin

I know of an older cat called Treasure she was dumped outside when her owner moved out, she is around 11 I believe and currently living outside but being fed by a kind Neighbour, she is a friendly cat and would love somewhere warm and safe to live out her years.