Paul Blomfield MP

Pity me as a UKipper.

Angel1.

I pity your family and friends.

Natalie Bennett stood down as leader of the Green Party on August 31st, is moving to Sheffield and has been selected as the candidate for Sheffield Central if there is a snap election. Previous Green candidate Jillian Creasy ( no longer party politically active in the front line) finished second behind Blomfield in the 2015 general election. The 2015 result suggests a safe Labour seat but Paul Scriven got within 165 votes of Blomfield for the Lib Dems in 2010. With Manor Castle ward looking certain to come out of the new Sheffield Central and West constituency after boundary changes and the Corbyn situation it looks a lot less safe going forward.

There can't be a lot wrong with Paul as an MP given that between 2010 and 2015 he increased his majority from 165 votes to over 17,000.

The Lib Dem vote completely collapsed in 2015 as Clegg and local Lib Dems took full punishment for going into coalition with the Tories. That was the key driver behind the increased majority - the Lib Dems only campaigned seriously in Hallam to (just) keep Clegg in office whereas Scriven campaigned relentlessly over a period of years before 2010.

. . . Scriven campaigned relentlessly over a period of years before 2010.

where is Lord Bobar these days?

Actually, don't answer that.

I just remembered that I really, really, really don't want to know.

Not met any politicians and im not sure I ever want to, but on the two occasions I have written to my mp Nick Clegg I have received proper resonses where he or his staff have taken up issues with relevant government ministers or departments. I vote Green, I believe that all the main parties are doing a poor job on green issues, so I will keep voting green until they listen. If I remember correctly I wrote to him about Bitcoins and what turned into HS3 (a fast rail link to Manchester / Man Airport and Leeds would be way more beneficial to Sheffield than HS2).

Edited by onlineo

Hopefully Paul will be attending this meeting as it affects many of his constituents.

Sheffield Care In Crisis 2016 Anniversary Meeting

The Old Junior School Sharrow*

Saturday 12th November 2016

1pm -3.30pm(provisional)

Tea/Coffee/Biscuits provided

Plenty of time for discussion/informal chat, etc.

*The Old Junior School is fully accessible

Welcome to the neighbourhood :)

I've contacted Mr Blomfield quite regularly in the last few years although I've never met him. I've always received a reply. He recently raised quite a bit of money for Syria and for a local homeless project. Whilst I often disagree with the positions he takes (I'm an ex-Labour voter) I've always got the impression he thinks carefully about things. I've been told he tends to tow the party line, how you feel about that will rather depend on if you're happy with the current party line or not! You can sign up to get regular updates of what he is up to via his website, if that helps.

This tells you everything you need to know about MPs these days. They're far more interested in people in other countries than they are in their own constituents.

He sided with "king Mob" during the Ched Evans saga, contributed to the prevalent bullying of Sheffield United at the time. Outspoken critic of his leader Jeremy Corbyn which has played and will play into the hands of the Tory Party at the next election.

Well that's two very good reasons for supporting him then.

No wonder his majority increased from 165 to 17,000+ last time. As his views seem to be in accord with his constituents, it's more than likely that it will go up again next election.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 17:33 ----------

Natalie Bennett stood down as leader of the Green Party on August 31st, is moving to Sheffield and has been selected as the candidate for Sheffield Central if there is a snap election.

Why would anyone vote for the completely incompetent and inept Natalie Bennett, who probably knows as much about Sheffield as about all those Green housing policies she hadn't the faintest idea about at the 2015 general election.

Green Party's Natalie Bennett gives 'excruciating' radio interview

Green Party leader Natalie Bennett has made headlines for all the wrong reasons after stumbling her way through a car crash interview with LBC's Nick Ferrari

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/green-party/11431756/Green-Partys-Natalie-Bennett-gives-excruciating-radio-interview.html

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

I have emailed Paul Blomfield twice since 2010. On the first occasion, I got no reply. On the second, he replied, but he clearly hadn't read what I'd written properly. I am not impressed.

The increase in his majority in 2015 was due to the collapse in the Lib Dem vote. In 2010, the Lib Dems were in second place with 16973 votes, 165 behind Labour. In 2015, they collapsed to 4th place with 4278 votes.

Mr Blomfield seems to be on the centre left of the Labour Party. He voted against bombing Syria and renewing Trident. However, he voted for the motion of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn and was a strong supporter of Owen Smith.

Well,

I've emailed him several times. Many times " he " didn't reply. The last time, I took time to put a list of questions, to which two weeks later I got a two lines pre-made reply. I wrote back my thoughts on that. I was offered an appointment, which was cancelled a day before. Another one, which was changed for an appointment weeks later. Two days before the meeting, I emailed to make sure it was on and was told that the appointment as given to someone else because I didn't reply. I sent them back my email of acknowledging the appointment. Got half an A4 of apologies email and was offered an appointment several weeks later. i declined and told them I will take my questions to other parties. Got an email back ( that I didn't read until days later as I was annoyed) to say that actually I had an appointment.... Well I was not impressed!

Seriously, does anyone really give a toss to which party their MP belongs ?

Most people, (yes I know this is anecdotal) never contact/write/email their MP.

If I'm a Tory in an arch leftie constituency I can live with that without agonising on the Sheffield Forum. I suspect the reverse applies!

It certainly wouldn't influence my choice of residence.

Yes. (I have to write more to get my one word response sent).

---------- Post added 15-11-2016 at 13:19 ----------

This tells you everything you need to know about MPs these days. They're far more interested in people in other countries than they are in their own constituents.

Or as some may see it, helping those in most desperate need rather than thinking some arbitary, man made borders are where the extent of their humanity should end.