Winter weather thread 2016/17

why do people still belive a word they say on weather forecast they cant predict a couple of hours in front

why do people still belive a word they say on weather forecast they cant predict a couple of hours in front

Sheffield is rather unique that it has a landscape around that has a significant influence on its weather.

Weather people look at the sky but rarely calculate the effects that the pennines have on its weather.

Very hard to predict snow 1 degree can make a huge difference.

As dutch says the hills make a difference too.

Mountain ranges often have their own weather system.

Very hard to predict snow 1 degree can make a huge difference.

As dutch says the hills make a difference too.

Mountain ranges often have their own weather system.

This. A drive from, say, Broomhill to Fulwood (or similar equivalents) in this sort of weather can be very revealing.

Guest sibon
This. A drive from, say, Broomhill to Fulwood (or similar equivalents) in this sort of weather can be very revealing.

I've just driven from Walkley to Abbeydale. There was no sign of snow on Hagg Hill, but Stephen Hill was covered. An astonishing contrast, just by driving round a corner.

I've just driven from Walkley to Abbeydale. There was no sign of snow on Hagg Hill, but Stephen Hill was covered. An astonishing contrast, just by driving round a corner.

As I remember is that the worlds most steepist hill??

Got 15 foot 3 and half inches snow here, digging furiously to get to gate :help:

Would have put 20 foot ... but then you would never have believed me :hihi::lol:

A couple of flakes tomorrow and they will be closing all the schools as usual and the panic buyers will be stripping the shelves in the shops. :roll:

What are roads in Sheffield like at the moment? Need to go to BQ and I am wondering if it is worth to go now?

What are roads in Sheffield like at the moment?

Black or grey, and wet.