Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

I used to go to Burton Street school and I lived at number 64 Burton Street. I was only about 8 or so and dont remember too much. Got a surprise to see the old school in Full Monty.:o

This air raid shelter must have been in the yard next to yours.

http://www.burtonstreethistory.org.uk/newweb/pages/MilnerImage10.htm

My family lived on Bamforth Street until 1955. We had a shop just below Robsons Yard. We were 3 brothers. We went to Burton Street School which was really called Langsett Road Secondary School. I left in 1948 to go City Grammar. Jimmy Williams was my cousin and lived in High House Road. Ian Goodison and Mavis Clifford lived in Burton Street. They were all 6 years older than me the same age as my elder brother. I think you mean Jackie Acaster who also lived on Bamforth Street. The house next to the big entry on Penistone Road was the Pawn Shop known as "Poppy Hallams".

Yeah Jackie Acaster - he was a club turn when he grew up. My dad lived in both Burton Street and Bamforth street at different times, growing up.

Didn't this school become some sort of music centre? I know where the site was and went there late 70's for trombone lessons.

my brother went to burton st school his name was daryl rogerson we also knew graham challenger.

my brother went to burton st school his name was daryl rogerson we also knew graham challenger.

We used to live next door to the Rogerson's, at 149 Cuthbert Bank Rd, from about 1950 up until moving in 1958 (Didn't you move to somewhere near Hillsbro' Park?) I also went to Langsett Rd (Burton St.) school from 1953 to 1958.

I have recently returned to have a look at the Burton St. Project, there are some interesting photos in their archive, you can also see it on the web :)

i used to live in the next yard to burton street school in the early 70s when the houses were still up the full monty was filmed outside burton street school i tried to guess where abouts my house would be but it was difficult because of different camera angles

My dad went to Burton Street School, he was called Graham Lister. Also Christine Wright went there and her brothers and sisters I think.:)

surely somebody on here lived round there before they demolished the houses

And I'm pretty sure Kevin Marlow went there aswell

We used to live next door to the Rogerson's, at 149 Cuthbert Bank Rd, from about 1950 up until moving in 1958 (Didn't you move to somewhere near Hillsbro' Park?) I also went to Langsett Rd (Burton St.) school from 1953 to 1958.

I have recently returned to have a look at the Burton St. Project, there are some interesting photos in their archive, you can also see it on the web :)

yes we moved opposite hillsboro park .My parents then took a pub on langsett rd ,thats quite a while ago now my parents are both dead now but they had along and happy life i think....?:):)

Hey anlaby st.I remember your brother Walter.You lived at 39 and I lived at 29.I also remember Trevor,Graham and the cauldwells.My god parents were the Farnsworths who kept the shop opposite your house.

does anyone remember the richardson's, june,terry,harvey and hazel, hazel was there 52 to 62 they lived on high house road I had the pleasure of taking Hazel away and finally married her