Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

surely somebody on here lived round there before they demolished the houses

I lived in the next street down Hobson Ave very posh ,a better class of hooligans than the A,B, C,street riffraff

---------- Post added 04-10-2014 at 12:30 ----------

posted by Parkwooder,

i lived at parkwood springs, which wasn't far away, but i can't remember burton street school. have i got the right burton street (at neepsend)

Neepsend School Boyland Street

Burton Road near Stones Brewery.

Burton Street off Penistone Road.

your probably a child Burton St was further up near the Barracks

---------- Post added 04-10-2014 at 12:35 ----------

no i dont remember her but no matter how bad she saids it was in there believe me it was even worse:gag:

do you mean Fairthorn it was lovely I went there for a month like a holiday camp to a bottom rooad ooligan like me

---------- Post added 04-10-2014 at 12:51 ----------

Hi anlabystreet, I lived on Fawley Road, the ABC streets, near to hillfoot working mens club. I went to Burton St from 1949 to 1959, I left school, xmas 1959, as did our teacher Mr Horton. Be good to hear from others that went to this school. Never worked out why it was called Langsett Road Secondary Modern School, being on Burton Street :confused:

you young uns know no.nout i went to Burton Street 1943 to 1953 my mam and aunts and my dad and all my cousins went there the teachers dint care if you learned owt as long as you kept quiet 76 and still fit as a fart[nearly]

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 12:59 ----------

burton street school is reached by going up bamforth street..turn right at the chapel...which is now a woodwork shop called donald foxes i think...then turn left..its the school where the full monty was filmed

one scene .was the film a joke ? were there any yorkshire men in it?

I know this thread is quite old, but I can try........... Did any one that lived in High House Road, and or attended Burton Street School, know Vera Else, she lived at the bottom of the Road, a couple of houses up on the left. The family lived next door to a Mrs Spooner i recall. Im talking any time from mid 1920s to at least 1956. I know its a big ask, but any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I lived in Hobson Ave last Rd on left river side early 40s to 1960s. I went to Burton Street as did my sister Ann my Mum and Dad went there as did my relatives the Tindalls I am Dave Brumpton I am 78

Hya dave, Thanks for your reply, Vera was born 1923, so had about 10yrs on you, but her mother lived there until around 1956 i think, Im hoping someone might recognize the name.

burton street school is reached by going up bamforth street..turn right at the chapel...which is now a woodwork shop called donald foxes i think...then turn left..its the school where the full monty was filmed

Evry body says where the full monty was filmed, it was one tiny scene ,lasted about 5 mins

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 11:11 ----------

I went to burton street school back i the early eighties, when it was run by the late, lamented Shirecliffe College, (as was) as a music and drama centre,. I did my drama diploma course there. (with the odd course at Salmon Pastures, and another at the main Shirecliffe centre)

PT

There are not any where near 5 million in Australia where do you get your numbers from.Are you one of em?

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 11:12 ----------

I went to burton street school back i the early eighties, when it was run by the late, lamented Shirecliffe College, (as was) as a music and drama centre,. I did my drama diploma course there. (with the odd course at Salmon Pastures, and another at the main Shirecliffe centre)

PT

There are not any where near 5 million in Australia where do you get your numbers from.Are you one of em?

---------- Post added 11-04-2015 at 11:55 ----------

i am one of the caudwells off anlaby street but didnt have a sister called laura.

sorry I,m thinking of Laura Burgoyne who was a champion swimmer

Evry body says where the full monty was filmed, it was one tiny scene ,lasted about 5 mins

becarefull how you talk about my first love mind you that was 75 years ago

i used to live in the next yard to burton street school in the early 70s when the houses were still up the full monty was filmed outside burton street school i tried to guess where abouts my house would be but it was difficult because of different camera angles

I was the caretaker there round about 1975 a girl called Caroline old am was our baby sitter would like to be in touch with her

---------- Post added 14-04-2015 at 22:01 ----------

Did anyone live on burton street in 50s 60s or 70s and go to burton street school we lived number 80

I was the caretaker there about 1975

---------- Post added 14-04-2015 at 22:03 ----------

I went to Burton Street School or Langsett First and Middle as it became. Left around 1972 and the head at that time was Mr Ford. Lived at 4 Blackburn Street before they pulled all the houses down. I used to play in the school orchestra and also Sheffield Youth Orchestra. What a brilliant childhood.

Les ford lovely man

Originally Posted by Plain Talker

PT

Originally Posted by Plain Talker

PT

Can you clarify? Neither Burton street and Salmon pastures are in Australia, and I doubt five million pupils passed through their collective doors.

I lived in Hobson Ave last Rd on left river side early 40s to 1960s. I went to Burton Street as did my sister Ann my Mum and Dad went there as did my relatives the Tindalls I am Dave Brumpton I am 78

what hapen to laura Bergoyne last i few years back she was very sick hope she recopvcerd:(:(:(

And I'm pretty sure Kevin Marlow went there aswell

i went to burton street school i lived in cottam street

I had a short time at the school before we were part of the slum clearance

in the early seventies.

We lived on Cottam Street and my mum Brenda Carr worked at

Blackwells on Penistone Road.

in the early seventies.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 20:28 ----------

[/color]

in the early seventies.

Hya, do you know if your mum had a relative called Ethel Carr? She married Ernest Else and lived in High House Road early 1930's through to early 1960's

Edited by TrickyDickie
wrong info..