Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

hi jeff unsure who u are at this time, but you are right with the surname

hi jeff unsure who u are at this time, but you are right with the surname

Haven't seen you since I left to go to CTS.(Caudwell).

---------- Post added 21-02-2013 at 15:37 ----------

My husband Clarence lived in Driffield St. and went to Burton St. Sch. in 1946 - 1952. then he went to Central Tech. My cousin Maureen Shaw from Rawson St. went there too. My grandma Mrs. Fellows lived at 19 Brough St. so I know the area very well as my grandmother on my mother's side was born at 52 Rawson St. We now live in Canada and can't believe how that area has changed. It looks so small to say that all those people lived there. Dad worked at Andrews Toledo all his life and we lived in the Kelvin on Jenkinson St. Bye P

The chap who lives next door to me is a CTS. old boy and knows your husband from there. His name is Alan Chapman.

my name is jennifer. my sister linda and myself went to burton st, school. i left there in 1964 and then went to shirecliffe high school.we lived opposite the bottom gates of the school at number 80.i remember a lot of names who also went there i.e. joyce chafer .marylin dick. joan lawrenson. val jones. linda harris. the rochel sisters.margret beal.paul gillot.roy clay.alan stathem. david farrel.billy kemp.graham lister.teachers i remember are miss egelshaw. miss booth.pat taylor.ena wright.miss clitheroe.i also remember a place called jacks at top of bamford street where a lot of us used to go for a sasparilla drink and to play music on the juke box and cause mayham lol.great times.

Graham Lister was my dad. Unfortunately he passed away 14 years ago this year :(

Graham Lister was my dad. Unfortunately he passed away 14 years ago this year :(

hi in uppers. i heard about your dad [graham] passing a couple of years ago, so sad. he used to sit behind me in class,he was a torment he was always pulling my hair or digging pencil in my back to try gettin me in trouble but most of the time he got caught doin it lol. we had a lot of gud times. spent alot of times feeding pigeons or sat waiting for em comin back.he were a great lad bless him xx

burton street was the school just past the chapel up bamforth street...you probably went to that one on clubmill road...the hightlight of my week was when my brother pushed me in the barrow to the gasworks to fetch the coke....i can always remember that hissing sound when you went in and how the sulphur would sting your eyes...it was great going in the barrow ..not so great coming back falling off the top of the coke..
i went to burton st school from1951 to 1961 i remember some of lads named as they were in my class at school graham challenger pete caudwell ken taylor ialso knew graham lister who lived on rawson st plus many others i lived at the top of the tip in the houses between cuthbert bank rd and the cuthbert pub

---------- Post added 04-04-2013 at 13:50 ----------

Did anyone live on burton street in 50s 60s or 70s and go to burton street school we lived number 80

i went to burton st school from 1951 to 1961 my friend denver (danny) smith lived in burton st

My husband Clarence lived in Driffield St. and went to Burton St. Sch. in 1946 - 1952. then he went to Central Tech. My cousin Maureen Shaw from Rawson St. went there too. My grandma Mrs. Fellows lived at 19 Brough St. so I know the area very well as my grandmother on my mother's side was born at 52 Rawson St. We now live in Canada and can't believe how that area has changed. It looks so small to say that all those people lived there. Dad worked at Andrews Toledo all his life and we lived in the Kelvin on Jenkinson St. Bye P

Hi,You say that your husband is Clarence young.We used to go about together with Mick Mcginnley,Micheal Saul,Beverly booth .Me,I am Peter Marshall and I used to live at 29 Anlaby street.After Burton St school I went to Marlcliffe.I hope that Clarence remembers me.I know that it is 60 years ago but maybe he does.Bye for now

burton street was the school just past the chapel up bamforth street...you probably went to that one on clubmill road...the hightlight of my week was when my brother pushed me in the barrow to the gasworks to fetch the coke....i can always remember that hissing sound when you went in and how the sulphur would sting your eyes...it was great going in the barrow ..not so great coming back falling off the top of the coke..
i went to burton st school from1951 to 1961 i remember some of lads named as they were in my class at school graham challenger pete caudwell ken taylor ialso knew graham lister who lived on rawson st plus many others i lived at the top of the tip in the houses between cuthbert bank rd and the cuthbert pub

i went to burton st school from 1951 to 1961 my friend denver (danny) smith lived in burton st

denver lived 4 doors away from us he lived with wasdens

I

Is your surname H---e.If it is my big brother Pete sends his regards.

not jenny Clarke by any chance??

I
burton street was the school just past the chapel up bamforth street...you probably went to that one on clubmill road...the hightlight of my week was when my brother pushed me in the barrow to the gasworks to fetch the coke....i can always remember that hissing sound when you went in and how the sulphur would sting your eyes...it was great going in the barrow ..not so great coming back falling off the top of the coke..Is your surname H---e.If it is my big brother Pete sends his regards.

yes that is me how is pete these days hope he is well tell him ill remember him to my mother when i go to see her on monday thanks

Sorry blind as a bat got the wrong jenny was thinking High House Rd ,mother Vanessa

I didn't know her personally, it was my mum who knew her, my mum was also born in Cottam street in 1935, so knew them all well I think, I'll ask her at the weekend if she knows anymore about Laura Burgoyne , my mum was Shirley Barnes before she married my dad and became Badger.

shirley was older than me barry was in the same class at burton street till we left think there was a younger brother