Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

I think Alan passed away in 1970.I believe he was at a bus stop in Sheffield when he had a heart attack. Lived at number (11) ? Anlaby Street.See from your previous post's you mention the Monfredi's.Was over at Sheila's a couple of week's ago.

Dont know Sheila my time was last in 46 remember old Matt use to play with his grandkids now about 81ish my brother Alan i was told killed in car crash about 68 i was long gone but sure his mother must have come from the area she was the hairdresser at 511 later moved in with my dad:suspect::suspect:

To Jeff50,

hiya jeff50, thanks for you private message, not able to return a private message as not had enough post's.

Yes, I know the name you mentioned, have had that name since birth hahahahaha :) Just trying to place Bob???? Hope to get reply with perhaps a few more details and then maybe place 'bob', only memory goes as get older :)

kindest regards

To Jeff50,

hiya jeff50, thanks for you private message, not able to return a private message as not had enough post's.

Yes, I know the name you mentioned, have had that name since birth hahahahaha :) Just trying to place Bob???? Hope to get reply with perhaps a few more details and then maybe place 'bob', only memory goes as get older :)

kindest regards

BOB CAUDWELL. My oldest brother.Thought it may be you,had to checkwith our Pete to make sure I was right . Still remember you giving me a clip when I tried to followyou and our Bob one day.

Oh boy, yes I know you all now hehehehe. ME!!!! give you a clip......never hehehehe. Am sure we would have let you go with us hehehehe, must have been some other kid that clipped your ear. Didn't know it then, but god, were they the best day's of our lives or what! Getting older......... to many responsibilities hehehehe. Maybe could contact via email or skype. How are you and bob & pete doing. think I may see bob around town some days????

Sometimes it's a case of only remembering first names and never knew surnames :) Can remember once going to a company near Rotherham, when I was a salesman and this chap walked past me , turned and said my name, I said yeah??? but sorry can't place you? He pulled his jumper up over is nose and mouth................. I instantly said Paul **********. At school I never ever saw his face below his nose, he always had a polo necked jumper on at school and would pull it over his nose and mouth . Hope to hear from you soon. take care. Regards, John.

To Jeff50,

kindest regards

Got a p.m but one thing i don't undersand your P.Ms listed as 4 even though I can count at least that many since your FIRST listing as 4 sort of think S.F should throw out all the Old 60s computers and at least move into this century :hihi::hihi::hihi:will talk later when u can P.M Adrian Clarke

Hi Adrian,

Assuming when had 5 posts, will automatically get PM's?

Spoke today with Jeff50, who I think also spoke to you some time ago.

Will get back to you soon.

Take care Adrian

Regards

Fawley Road

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 20:02 ----------

Hi Flyer,

re your question about someone called Alan, maybe same Alan I knew, we called him 'clicker', was in same class as me.

Fawley Road

My husband Clarence lived in Driffield St. and went to Burton St. Sch. in 1946 - 1952. then he went to Central Tech. My cousin Maureen Shaw from Rawson St. went there too. My grandma Mrs. Fellows lived at 19 Brough St. so I know the area very well as my grandmother on my mother's side was born at 52 Rawson St. We now live in Canada and can't believe how that area has changed. It looks so small to say that all those people lived there. Dad worked at Andrews Toledo all his life and we lived in the Kelvin on Jenkinson St. Bye P

Hi Adrian,

Assuming when had 5 posts, will automatically get PM's?

Spoke today with Jeff50, who I think also spoke to you some time ago.

Will get back to you soon.

Take care Adrian

Regards

Fawley Road

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 20:02 --------

Hi Flyer,

re your question about someone called Alan, maybe same Alan I knew, we called him 'clicker', was in same class as me.

Fawley Road

my brother Alan killed in a car crash 66ish, I use to bike up from Leicester for the weekend were Alan use to take me to the "Unity"on a sat night maybe u knew my full brother Peter lived on High House rd

my name is jennifer. my sister linda and myself went to burton st, school. i left there in 1964 and then went to shirecliffe high school.we lived opposite the bottom gates of the school at number 80.i remember a lot of names who also went there i.e. joyce chafer .marylin dick. joan lawrenson. val jones. linda harris. the rochel sisters.margret beal.paul gillot.roy clay.alan stathem. david farrel.billy kemp.graham lister.teachers i remember are miss egelshaw. miss booth.pat taylor.ena wright.miss clitheroe.i also remember a place called jacks at top of bamford street where a lot of us used to go for a sasparilla drink and to play music on the juke box and cause mayham lol.great times.

Hello Jennifer, my husband was before your time.. he left in 1954 to go to Central Tech on West St. Its funny but the older you get you think more about were you grew up. I went to Upperthorpe school and then to Marlcliffe. Been in Canada since 1969. Go back to Sheffield every couple of years to see family. Pauline

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 06:34 ----------

Hi - Alan Waddingham was my husband's (Clarence Young who lived in Driffield St went to Burton St. until 1954 then CTS) cousin. We emigrated to Canada but keep in touch with Alan's sister Pam.

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 06:41 ----------

Hi, went to Barts every Thurs/Sun nights and to the dance on Saturdays.

It was a great time and place to be a teenager with Dan Ware pointing us all in the right direction. Left there in 1958 and started going to the Locarno,met my husband (who found out later went to Bart's before me and left before I joined) and emigrated. Went to Barts with my cousin Maureen Shaw. Still keep in touch with Christine Hall (Gregory). Remember Audrey Barnes, Tina Needham, Betty Copley, Dot Goodison. Good Times.

Pauline (Fellows)

hi Hi Flyer,

Do think it's the same Allan, had the crash, near to the old Firth Park Library?

Peter, not sure if knew him although used to hang about on high house and on the 'tip'

Barts1,

Allan Waddingham and I, were in the same class at Burton Street, think all of us were shocked when we got to know of his death.

my name is jennifer. my sister linda and myself went to burton st, school. i left there in 1964 and then went to shirecliffe high school.we lived opposite the bottom gates of the school at number 80.i remember a lot of names who also went there i.e. joyce chafer .marylin dick. joan lawrenson. val jones. linda harris. the rochel sisters.margret beal.paul gillot.roy clay.alan stathem. david farrel.billy kemp.graham lister.teachers i remember are miss egelshaw. miss booth.pat taylor.ena wright.miss clitheroe.i also remember a place called jacks at top of bamford street where a lot of us used to go for a sasparilla drink and to play music on the juke box and cause mayham lol.great times.

Was your maiden name F--------h?.If it was I remember you very well.Iwas in the year below you.Miss Egglestone was the head teacher.

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 16:55 ----------

K

Hello Jennifer, my husband was before your time.. he left in 1954 to go to Central Tech on West St. Its funny but the older you get you think more about were you grew up. I went to Upperthorpe school and then to Marlcliffe. Been in Canada since 1969. Go back to Sheffield every couple of years to see family. Pauline

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 06:34 ----------

Hi - Alan Waddingham was my husband's (Clarence Young who lived in Driffield St went to Burton St. until 1954 then CTS) cousin. We emigrated to Canada but keep in touch with Alan's sister Pam.

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 06:41 ----------

Hi, went to Barts every Thurs/Sun nights and to the dance on Saturdays.

It was a great time and place to be a teenager with Dan Ware pointing us all in the right direction. Left there in 1958 and started going to the Locarno,met my husband (who found out later went to Bart's before me and left before I joined) and emigrated. Went to Barts with my cousin Maureen Shaw. Still keep in touch with Christine Hall (Gregory). Remember Audrey Barnes, Tina Needham, Betty Copley, Dot Goodison. Good Times.

Pauline (Fellows)

Knew Alan very he was my oldest brothers best mate. Grew up with Pam, last time I saw her was in 1994 when we were creating havoc up west street constructing the tram track.If you should get in touch with her tell her jeff from anlaby street sends his regards.