Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

On 14/05/2011 at 01:39, Fawleyroad said:

Jackie Acaster was my uncle ,he used to sing round my nans house 26 Fawley road when I was a kid,my nan was called Fox with kids Annie,Ivy Mick and George

Hi Fawleyroad, I hope you’re in good health. This is a really long shot here, but wondering if you can shed any light for me. My dad was Jackie Acaster (Jack) (Martin Brand as a club artist). He’s been gone 20 years this year.  My Nan was Annie.  Would be fabulous to connect in some way! Take care. 

I remember going on a Burton School coach trip to Cleethorpes with the coach parked outside the school. Don't know how it was managed as I didn't attend that school, the kids were all strangers to me. Although, it might have been connected with some after-hours club that the school ran.

I used to live on Cuthbert Bank Road and went to Burton St school from 1960 to 1965. Don't remember many teachers names but I think Mrs Brennan, Miss Booth, and  Mr Watkins were some of the teachers. Remember using tablets of slate and pieces of chalk in the Infant's!