Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

surely somebody on here lived round there before they demolished the houses

i lived at parkwood springs, which wasn't far away, but i can't remember burton street school. have i got the right burton street (at neepsend)

burton street was the school just past the chapel up bamforth street...you probably went to that one on clubmill road...the hightlight of my week was when my brother pushed me in the barrow to the gasworks to fetch the coke....i can always remember that hissing sound when you went in and how the sulphur would sting your eyes...it was great going in the barrow ..not so great coming back falling off the top of the coke..

posted by Parkwooder,

i lived at parkwood springs, which wasn't far away, but i can't remember burton street school. have i got the right burton street (at neepsend)

Neepsend School Boyland Street

Burton Road near Stones Brewery.

Burton Street off Penistone Road.

burton street school is reached by going up bamforth street..turn right at the chapel...which is now a woodwork shop called donald foxes i think...then turn left..its the school where the full monty was filmed

When did you live at Anlaby Street

about half way down on the left hand side opposite the shop...number 39

I went to burton street school back i the early eighties, when it was run by the late, lamented Shirecliffe College, (as was) as a music and drama centre,. I did my drama diploma course there. (with the odd course at Salmon Pastures, and another at the main Shirecliffe centre)

PT

about half way down on the left hand side opposite the shop...number 39

Do you remember the Housley's

its now got its own website..the burton street project i think they call it...with old photos of places long gone...all designed to bring a tear to the eye and a gulp to the throat..gulp!!...in fact i can see out house on one of them through all the smoke from the gasworks and andrews toledoers...ahh those were the days..i didnt count sheep at night...i counted the hammer machine knocks at daniel doncasters

i dont remember the housleys no...i remember a lad called trevor friendship..another called graham challenger and a family by the name of siddalls...maureen i think they called the daughter...i didnt live there long but my brother did..kenneth taylor..his real name was walter but he didnt like that name so he called himself kenneth