Did anybody on here go to Burton Street School?

My grandma lived on the corner of Bamforth Street & Cuthbert Bank Road...... I'm sure my mum went to Burton Street School (She is in her 70s now)

so am I dave brumpton

My uncle, Reuben Crosby, used to live at 25 (I think, it was on the corner) Burton Street which they rented from the Patnick family. He had several children and I feel sure they would have gone to Burton Street School. Their names, starting with eldest, are Edith, Brian, Mary, Peter and Margaret.

My mums name was Maureen Bradbury & she lived in the big house on the corner of Bamforth street & Cuthbert bank Road,it used to be a shop so had really big windows. My great uncle Charles & his wife Lizzie Bennett lived at a shop nearby with small pub attahed to it. I want to say the Cuthbert arms but I think that's wrong ! Help me out someone please.

it was the cuhbert arms my cousins the tindalls lived the last house bottom of the street

My family lived on Bamforth Street until 1955. We had a shop just below Robsons Yard. We were 3 brothers. We went to Burton Street School which was really called Langsett Road Secondary School. I left in 1948 to go City Grammar. Jimmy Williams was my cousin and lived in High House Road. Ian Goodison and Mavis Clifford lived in Burton Street. They were all 6 years older than me the same age as my elder brother. I think you mean Jackie Acaster who also lived on Bamforth Street. The house next to the big entry on Penistone Road was the Pawn Shop known as "Poppy Hallams".

are you max williams? I wento burton st it was later changed to langsett rd sec mod I,m 73 lived in abc streets 1938 -1966

i dont remember the housleys no...i remember a lad called trevor friendship..another called graham challenger and a family by the name of siddalls...maureen i think they called the daughter...i didnt live there long but my brother did..kenneth taylor..his real name was walter but he didnt like that name so he called himself kenneth

i know a lady called nellie challenger who's about 90 now. her maiden name was challenger and she said she lived on brough street

I went to Burton Street School or Langsett First and Middle as it became. Left around 1972 and the head at that time was Mr Ford. Lived at 4 Blackburn Street before they pulled all the houses down. I used to play in the school orchestra and also Sheffield Youth Orchestra. What a brilliant childhood.

Does anyone remember the Storer family? They lived in one of the terraced houses on the road next to the Barracks pub (cant remember the name ,sorry)and moved when they were demolished in the early 70s. The daughter,Christine was a school friend of mine at Herries Comp ( we left 72) me and other old school friends would love to hear from her.

Jeffery Cauldwell was in my class. There was also a Stephen Coultman

Don't know who you are but I went to langsett road school my name is Jeffrey Caudwell.

i went there from 1955 to 1963before going toCTS .Recognise loads of names posted.

Iwent to burton street school sometime in the fifties. I was staying with my Aunt and Uncles whilst my mom was in hospital. Their name was Gabbitas. Lived on Rawson street, all their kids went to Burton Street. anyone remember them, Alan, Phyllis, Peter, Malcolm, Barry, to name a few of them.

me 1943-1953 knew the gabbos fromrawson st some cauldwells lived in anlaby st laura was a champion swimmer I lived in hobson ave with my sister ann my name is dave brumpton

What years are you talking? My dad lived on Burton Street when he came from London during the war and he went to Burton St School during the 40's.

I was at burton st at that time what was his name?