Stolen items from builders vehicles

All you builders ( electricians, joiners, plasterers, bricklayers etc )

Crime flavour of the month is all about stuff being stolen from your vehicles.

Damned annoying isn't it and a costly experience.

Please increase the security of your vehicle and think about where you park it.

My nephew has been the victim twice in a matter of a few days.

Please mark your tools, either with a UV pen or etch on your details.

Big question is, where is the market for all these stolen items ? Surely the thieves aren't using them personally, more likely selling on to feed their drug use.

Don't buy anything from a bloke in a pub and if you see someone selling such items in a pub, then report them please.

If you see what look like stolen items on sale at a car boot, then also report.

Please ignore the out of date contact details on the foot of this post

Edited by NWSheffield
Update details

A shocking crime, stealing from people who are not wealthy and just trying to earn a decent living by working hard, replacing tools is virtually impossible as you build your collection over years and years. Total scum.

As bad as it is there will all ways be a market for cheap stolen tools with how expensive they are to buy new. I have had 3ks worth go 10 years ago and it was devastating !

Dont leave your tools in your van or expect to lose them simple !

It's happened to one of my colleagues twice now, once in Sheffield and once whilst working away down South. Different vehicles too. Short of taking all their tools and heavy equipment into their hotel room, there isn't much they could have done. They had a locked box, but this was prised open, clearly experienced thieves.

Not only the loss of the tools, the vans are often wrecked aswell especially when the thieving scrubbers peel back the sliding doors.

i know many contactors who remove their tools and also leave the back doors unlocked to save them being peeled back, insurance will never know (unless you tell them ) that it was unlocked

Why do builders always leave tools in vans when they know they are not insured. It's no good moaning when you have them stolen.

You can actually insure separately tools in a van, then you won't be at a loss and it doesn't cost much

Why do builders always leave tools in vans when they know they are not insured. It's no good moaning when you have them stolen.

You can actually insure separately tools in a van, then you won't be at a loss and it doesn't cost much

I used to have loads of tools and it was a complete nightmare to take them all out at night then all back in in the morning as well as having to find somewhere to store them, added to that a lot of tradesman work away and can hardly drag a load of tool boxes etc into hotel or B&B. Insuring tools in a van is either very, very expensive or the insurance companies wont even insure them.

Because people should be able to leave their equipment locked up without these scumbags helping themselves to anything that's not fastened down. thieving lowlifes

A friend just had his done at Kimberworth took all his 36v Dewalt power tools

not saying they sell nicked stuff but I was amazed how many pro powertools were for sale in Cash Converters when I went in for a wander recently

If I wanted to move on some pinched Gumtree is easy and the ad vanishes once the item is sold, seen some well dodgy looking push bike sales pass through there

<<off to close my SF account now before I get sued>>

Update to my post, having read this it looks like they do what they can at Cash Converters . . .

http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/press/cash-converters-crack-down-on-stolen-goods/

Edited by Skink
update