Anybody On Here From Brightside Or Hinde House School

Hi Anlabystreet, do you remember my Dad, Ted Neale or my uncle Chris (Albert) Neale?

Ive just hooked my Uncle up to this site and shown him this thread so hopefully he might post on here.

Ive just been back to Brightside to see the rellies, and couldnt believe the Rising Suns closed down - had some happy memories from there!

i remember the cottage....just above george waits newspaper shop...mrs hattersley

..sorry...thats mrs housley not mrs hattersley

Hi Anlabystreet, do you remember my Dad, Ted Neale or my uncle Chris (Albert) Neale?

Ive just hooked my Uncle up to this site and shown him this thread so hopefully he might post on here.

Ive just been back to Brightside to see the rellies, and couldnt believe the Rising Suns closed down - had some happy memories from there!

.....hello brett.....yes i remember your mum and dad... i also remember your grandad albert and grandma joan ................................uncle chris auntie mary ...i remember you had an auntie who lived on the flower estate... at daffodil road i think just opposite the top of newman road...and.... i remember you and kelly when you were toddlers learning to walk....i remember when you lived on jenkin road just above the church at st margarets about 198 or 196....i remember your mum and dad grandma and grandad moving in at those two houses on oxted road

Sorry , wrong date. We moved over in 63.

Nice try Brian, but we cannot become any younger mate

Geoff

..sorry...thats mrs housley not mrs hattersley

Anlaby, you are right it was Ethel Housley's cottage (my great aunt), but strangely she was related to the Hattersleys by marriage. My grandmother, Annie Wright, was her sister-in-law. My grandparents lived at the top of Limpsfield Rd, I think I mentioned that before. I still have not found a photo of the cottage though.:(

I was at Hinde House 1980-84 and I can't say I enjoyed it that much to be honest.

Funnily enough though today I visited a friend who lives at Sheffield Lane Top so I took a slight detour to go past the school expecting it to be locked up. I noticed it wasn't so I tentavely drove down the path down to the school. At this point I was quite nervous at seeing the place again as I'd not been back since I left nearly 25 years ago so I thought I'd probably swear at it and carry on to my friend's house.

Well bugger me was I surprised when I saw that the whole school had been knocked down and replaced with a new building :o

When was it knocked down and rebuilt?

I was at Hinde House 1980-84 and I can't say I enjoyed it that much to be honest.

Funnily enough though today I visited a friend who lives at Sheffield Lane Top so I took a slight detour to go past the school expecting it to be locked up. I noticed it wasn't so I tentavely drove down the path down to the school. At this point I was quite nervous at seeing the place again as I'd not been back since I left nearly 25 years ago so I thought I'd probably swear at it and carry on to my friend's house.

Well bugger me was I surprised when I saw that the whole school had been knocked down and replaced with a new building :o

When was it knocked down and rebuilt?

I left Hinde House in 1960 and those of us who started at the school in 1956 when it was built have regular reunions which I attend. I don't live in Sheffield anymore but am told by the lady who organises the reunions and is in touch with the school that the original school building was set alight by vandals a few years ago which is why it had to be pulled down. It was very sad that it happened shortly before the school's 50th Anniversary in 2006.

John

wow its funny this thread as popped up again my brother barry has just sent me a photo from the 60s-70s of me our gaynor, paula stanley and someone else and i just cant put a name to the face so il stick it on me face book i got a few old friends on there they might no.

found out it was lynsey naylor.

Edited by carol green
found the name