Anybody On Here From Brightside Or Hinde House School

Can you tell us anything about the riot of Summer '74?I know there was one but don't know any details.

more about the riot in this thread... here

Thanks Anlabystreet for your memories,but I have no idea who you are so please identify yourself.My email address is selbymester.forge@xtra.co,nz

A lot of the names that you mentioned have gone completely from my head (brain crumble) you say that you can go on and on, please do.

As I said in my first posting I have several group photos taken at Brightside school in the early fifties could be before your time though,I dont know when you were at the school.Anyway if you are interested I can send you a copy they are great fun to look at.

hello again...i tried sending you an email but it wont deliver to that address you gave me so i will send you a pm with m email address...says it doesnt recognise the "xtra co"...yes..i would like to see those photos at brightside school...i may recognise one or two...surprised you doidnt remember those names so maybe these might ring a bell.........joyce hocknells nephew malcolm..he used to ride a blue honda cc moped..everybody called him "lightning"..susan brack..susan and christine audis...marion adams...susan jones...carl and paul barson...alan and brian bilby..douglas and melvin riley(maybe you remember douglas drunk a bottle of bleach that he thought was lemonade because it was in a lemonade bottle...he was lucky it didnt kill him)....jean kisby ..roger beech...christine murray...billy goodison(he was involed in a fracas with two blokes at wincobank and subsequently died)...ernest reed .........mick jebb....carol marshall...pat johnson...tony winterbottom who sadly died a few years ago...frank ward...frank and john moore....barry gurnhill ...elaine candling...maureen dyson....sandra brookes ...alan and maureen gardner....paul moon....dolores henley...billy griffiths...rita skeemer....yes i remember yvonne hill and linda swain.i always thought they were sisters they looked so much alike..blonde ponytails and always dressed alike..you never saw one without the other... harvey curtis.....stewart and bruce panks...christine and malcolm hardy...........glenise brown.......think you must remember some of these...surely you must remember terry stacey..he was always convinced he could talk to cats...he used to get on his hands and knees and have a conversation with thenm

I was at Hinde house from 1984 :)

Hi, I was at Hinde House from 84 to 88. Louise Holbrook I was then, do you remember the name at all??

hi anyone remember the ledgers of tyler street and the hills on jenkin rd and the ellisons lived somewhere opposite the school all went to brightside school in the fifties

HI anyone remaember my family (Birkby) lived on tyler 5treet and on bright5ide for yearz

hello again...i tried sending you an email but it wont deliver to that address you gave me so i will send you a pm with m email address...says it doesnt recognise the "xtra co"...yes..i would like to see those photos at brightside school...i may recognise one or two...surprised you doidnt remember those names so maybe these might ring a bell.........joyce hocknells nephew malcolm..he used to ride a blue honda cc moped..everybody called him "lightning"..susan brack..susan and christine audis...marion adams...susan jones...carl and paul barson...alan and brian bilby..douglas and melvin riley(maybe you remember douglas drunk a bottle of bleach that he thought was lemonade because it was in a lemonade bottle...he was lucky it didnt kill him)....jean kisby ..roger beech...christine murray...billy goodison(he was involed in a fracas with two blokes at wincobank and subsequently died)...ernest reed .........mick jebb....carol marshall...pat johnson...tony winterbottom who sadly died a few years ago...frank ward...frank and john moore....barry gurnhill ...elaine candling...maureen dyson....sandra brookes ...alan and maureen gardner....paul moon....dolores henley...billy griffiths...rita skeemer....yes i remember yvonne hill and linda swain.i always thought they were sisters they looked so much alike..blonde ponytails and always dressed alike..you never saw one without the other... harvey curtis.....stewart and bruce panks...christine and malcolm hardy...........glenise brown.......think you must remember some of these...surely you must remember terry stacey..he was always convinced he could talk to cats...he used to get on his hands and knees and have a conversation with thenm

Im 5ure u all know my father gordon Birkby :hihi:

Alabystreet,

Sorry I cocked up the email address try this selbymester.forge@xtra.co.nz I put a comma when it should have been a dot PLONKER.Send me your email address so that I can get those photos to you. Will reply to your posting soon .

I rember Terry Stacey very well I played football with him and his brothers most nights on the top rec, his brothers were, Stan,Eric,Steve & Brian all good lads.

I rember Terry Stacey very well I played football with him and his brothers most nights on the top rec, his brothers were, Stan,Eric,Steve & Brian all good lads.

Hello i 5till 5ee the 5tacyz now and have a drink with them in the Hartley hou5e club.

there fether waz walt al5o a good man.

I remember mo5t of the per5on5 mentioned gordon birkby :)

anybody remember the Leighton's.They all went to the said mentioned schools & lived on Tipton Street.I married Andrew who was next to the youngest.

I went to hinde house from 84-88 (explains a lot)

used to live on standon drive took me 31 years to finally escape wincobank!

I went to hinde house from 84-88 (explains a lot)

used to live on standon drive took me 31 years to finally escape wincobank!

Did you know Jamie Tyler?

Did you know Jamie Tyler?

Lived across the road from him! are you his sister? we was going to get married when we were 5 (yikes)

:love: