New to Home Educating..

Hi my husband and I have taken my daughter out of school to home educate her, she is four years old and I wondered if anyone had any advice or sources of any kind.

We have a good library that we are members of but so far we are only just at the stage of writing a letter to the head teacher of her school to officially remover her from being a pupil at the school.

We live in the Shiregreen area (transport is not a problem as my husband drives.)

Thanks in advance!

Klaire :thumbsup:

Edited by nikki-red

I'd like to know about groups of home ed children who are older, at secondary school, please.

hi my little boy is 4 also we have decided to home educate as we did this with both of our older boys and it worked very well we are looking at forming a circle of friends with children around the same age who are home educated to make a friendship circle where we can meet often say once a week and do specific activities together eg swimming days out at places ,picnics etc this will give our children a chance to integrate and also give us parents a chance to gain extra knowledge or maybe even give lessons etc to the kids in the group say if you are strong at maths or like art etc you could take the group on a session one day etc let me know if you are interested we want to try and get this up and running as soon as possible thanks michelle

Hi my husband and I have taken my daughter out of school to home educate her, she is four years old and I wondered if anyone had any advice or sources of any kind.

We have a good library that we are members of but so far we are only just at the stage of writing a letter to the head teacher of her school to officially remover her from being a pupil at the school.

We live in the Shiregreen area (transport is not a problem as my husband drives.)

Thanks in advance!

Klaire :thumbsup:

Hi Klaire,

Here's to responding to an old post :) We are home-eding in Sheffield with 3 and 5yo girls. I'm wondering how your journey is going and if you have found the facebook groups available for connecting with other home-ed families. e.g. Home Education chatternatter - Sheffield et environs

x Rayna