Green paper on ESA changes please read.

The government are planning to change the Work Capability Assessment for Employment and Support Allowance from what I can gather its likely that Work Related Group is to be done away with and even if you are in the Support Group you will be affected by these changes. The government want to make people who are in the SG to undertake some form of work and the DWP are wanting claimant's to seek medical assistants to find work that is suitable for their needs while on the surface looks good but in reality this means an DWP employees can threatenen disabled people with sanctions if they do not do as told.

Also PIP and ESA appeals are to be challenged by the DWP . At present an claimant can get an face to face hearing to put forward why they feel they need ESA and PIP . The government want to do away with face to face appeals and only do paper appeals which gives the claimant less of an chance of getting ESA and PIP . When an claimant now appeals it only goes to the first level of tribunal which more often than not the claimant wins their case for an award now the DWP want to challenge the first tribunal by lodging in an second level tribunal that will be heared in an High Court but such tribunals needs to be based on an point of law .

I feel that these changes will take away the right of having fair hearing and are in breach of the United Nations human rights for disabled people . I also think this extreme policy of going to the High Courts will cost more than it would save and is totally unnecessarily and has legal stumbling blocks . It is clear that the policies of the government are to push disabled people into poverty.

Makes me wounder if the national anthem should be changed to ' Fatherland' excuse me while I sew on a symbol on my coat sleeve.

Edited by crookedspire

Surely the whole point of the support group is that these claimants are not capable of working because of their illness/disability?

The whole process of application, assessment and appeal can take months, and to find that someone can trump a successful appeal with another challenge is pretty soul destroying.

Surely the whole point of the support group is that these claimants are not capable of working because of their illness/disability?

The whole process of application, assessment and appeal can take months, and to find that someone can trump a successful appeal with another challenge is pretty soul destroying.

The government are now basically trying to say everyone is capable of work regardless of the disability the person has. It's has crazy as this someone who needs 24 hour care with a serious mental health problem is capable of work. Now how many employers are willing to help someone with toilet needs or need to be fed by another person , would the employer set on the carer?

The DWP are setting on 89 people who's job will be to go though 1st tire tribunals cases that the claimant has won in hope they can take it too the 2rd tire tribunal level which is the High Court I suspect they will be no legal aid so the claiment will have to pay for their lawyer how many can do that and that's the whole idea of this new appeal system .

It should be pointed out the DWP need an point of law to challenge an 1st tire tribunal unless they change the law but that would be like undermining the legal system itself. I do think the government are breaking your basic right to appeal and fair hearing.

These issues are causing my daughter considerable stress at the moment. She is disabled with Fibromyalga and other issues and the last thing she wants or can cope with is stress.

Not political but I wish we had some opposition in government that could tackle this government on such issues for people who need help not hinderance.

These issues are causing my daughter considerable stress at the moment. She is disabled with Fibromyalga and other issues and the last thing she wants or can cope with is stress.

Not political but I wish we had some opposition in government that could tackle this government on such issues for people who need help not hinderance.

Its bad enough coping with an disability without the added pressure of worrying what is going to happen next .

The Secretary of State is been questioned by Holyrood ( Scottish Parliament) about the green paper on WCA changes from what IV read its fair to say SNP are giving him an hard time as the SNP don't agree on changes . I wish we had an much stronger Labour to oppose the Tories who have become even more rightwing than before.

"Taken from DWP press release: Large scale trials are to be created using the Innovation Fund. The first trial areas are expected to be the West Midlands Combined Authority and Sheffield City Region. Seed funding is being provided to support the design stage. Trials could begin in spring 2017."

Sheffield is one of the trial areas.

The former minster of Works and Pensions Ian Duncan Smith could soon be facing charges of manslaughter over WCA deaths. The SNP want an full police inquiry to establishe if their is an link between WCA and claimant deaths during Smith's time.

The inquiry will look into PIP assessments as well this could get interesting.

The former minster of Works and Pensions Ian Duncan Smith could soon be facing charges of manslaughter over WCA deaths. The SNP want an full police inquiry to establishe if their is an link between WCA and claimant deaths during Smith's time.

The inquiry will look into PIP assessments as well this could get interesting.

Here's a list of some of the victims

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2014/10/21/uk-welfare-reform-deaths-updated-list-october-21st-2014/

Many committed suicide after being found "capable of work", some starved to death, unable to afford food.

Having just watched the recent Ken Loach film "I, Daniel Blake", I can recommend it to anyone wanting a realistic insight into the horrors and abuses of the modern benefits system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Daniel_Blake

Here's a list of some of the victims

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2014/10/21/uk-welfare-reform-deaths-updated-list-october-21st-2014/

Many committed suicide after being found "capable of work", some starved to death, unable to afford food.

Having just watched the recent Ken Loach film "I, Daniel Blake", I can recommend it to anyone wanting a realistic insight into the horrors and abuses of the modern benefits system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Daniel_Blake

Despite having desperately wanted to go and see this since it first came out. We waited until our local Independent Cinema could show it - mainly because it is so small and friendly and they are absolutely brilliant if you are disabled. (I usually get a sofa at the back with cushions and a blanket). Mainstream cinemas are ok, but at times I can't travel due to pain and so having local that is so personal is a boon.

I am looking forward to seeing this next week. After only seeing the Trailer I can definitely nod my head to this.

What a joke! DWP have today found me capable of work and been kicked off esa, I got no points at all even though I cant sit for more than 1 hour without being in servear discomfort which caries 6 points nor can I move more than 100 meters without being in servear discomfort which caries 9 points so the 15 point criteria has been met yet I got kicked off with no points at all, my problem is if i sign a declaration saying that I am fit and able and actively seeking work I would be comiting fraud which is a prisonable offence, how does that stand on a legal point of law? Sorry for my spelling