No parking on my road for road works. No works carried out

Same here,got letter yesterday,saying road resurf to start 14 th ,telling us to move cars etc.schedule of works attached,guess what?every road in the area but ours so rang them and amey rang back.Was told work going up foxhill road missing out Birley rise road and continuing up to the top doing roads on right handside then coming back down left hand side and in eventually in January doing ours.

Not moving my car until they physically knock on door (I'm always in) and let me know that this is the actual date the work will start,then my car will be moved.Theres no room for parking on our road,never mind fighting for spaces on other roads when it's not exactly necessary half the time!

Thanks to Amey we never got our bins emptied . Amy should have started work yet again (4th time ) on the 4th November but two days ago they put a sign up saying road closed. No its not , we are driving up and down as normal and not a workman in site.

Deliveries have turned and gone away and so did our bin men. Surely other companies should have a bite at the cherry and get rid of Amey.

Amey were supposed to start resurfacing our road today from 7am. We have had signs up for approx 2 weeks with the below text:

No Loading

No Parking

No Waiting

HIGHWAY

IMPROVEMENTS

7am - 7pm

2/11/16 for 3 Days

PARKED VEHICLES

WILL BE TOWED

But no one showed up today to start the work, so getting up early and moving my car was for nothing :mad:

We had all this a few weeks ago,the signs were up for a week,giving the dates , but no work carried out.

On the first night I ignored it and parked up, I had the workmen knocking me up the next morning, asking if it was my car, and could I move it as parking services had just turned up..... They( parking services) wouldn't give me time to get my trousers on, I had to go out and move the car in just my boxers, and walk back ,barefoot and boxer shorted from 2 streets away, much to the amusement of passing motorists and pedestrians....

Amey were supposed to start resurfacing our road today from 7am. We have had signs up for approx 2 weeks with the below text:

No Loading

No Parking

No Waiting

HIGHWAY

IMPROVEMENTS

7am - 7pm

2/11/16 for 3 Days

PARKED VEHICLES

WILL BE TOWED

But no one showed up today to start the work, so getting up early and moving my car was for nothing :mad:

Word of warning to anyone parking in town after dark Hawley street / Campo Lane area similar signs are 7pm - 7 am for 10 days. Ticket machines are still charging until 20:30 and the temporary signs are not located on the same posts as the usual restriction notification or where they can easily be seen ie next to the ticket machine.

Thanks to Amey we never got our bins emptied . Amy should have started work yet again (4th time ) on the 4th November but two days ago they put a sign up saying road closed. No its not , we are driving up and down as normal and not a workman in site.

Deliveries have turned and gone away and so did our bin men. Surely other companies should have a bite at the cherry and get rid of Amey.

Our road is being worked on at the moment.

Our usual bin day is Tuesday and they weren't emptied yesterday but they were today. Deliveries have continued to be made as have regular ambulance journeys for our elderly neighbours.

They put up signs as a warning but there will always be delays (usually caused by the workmen having to wait for cars to be removed so they can get on with the job) which has a knock on effect. The weather is not always suitable for the work to be done every day at this time of the year.

Having watched the process of working on our road they are a very slick and careful team. They are also very polite and helpful.

It's only a slight convenience to move your car each morning isn't it really? How I'd love to have the luxury of still being tucked up in bed at 7am !

Considering everything else that's going on in the world I would say there are far more important things to get hot under the collar about than having to move your car a few hundred yards from your front door.

Edited by Daven

Our road is being worked on at the moment.

Our usual bin day is Tuesday and they weren't emptied yesterday but they were today. Deliveries have continued to be made as have regular ambulance journeys for our elderly neighbours.

They put up signs as a warning but there will always be delays (usually caused by the workmen having to wait for cars to be removed so they can get on with the job) which has a knock on effect. The weather is not always suitable for the work to be done every day at this time of the year.

Having watched the process of working on our road they are a very slick and careful team. They are also very polite and helpful.

It's only a slight convenience to move your car each morning isn't it really? How I'd love to have the luxury of still being tucked up in bed at 7am !

Considering everything else that's going on in the world I would say there are far more important things to get hot under the collar about than having to move your car a few hundred yards from your front door.

It was Sod's law for me Daven, every night previous , I'd parked away from the area supposedly being resurfaced...

The one time I didn't, work started the next morning.

So - my road is now beautifully resurfaced - detritus gone, bin emptied, car parked in it's usual spot and all is well with the world.

Overall - well done Amey - a nice job well executed in a very short space of time with minimal disruption.:clap:

---------- Post added 11-11-2016 at 23:05 ----------

And today the white lines have been painted on the road - it all looks very nice. The suspension of my car says thank you very much too !

No Loading

No Parking

No Waiting

HIGHWAY

IMPROVEMENTS

7am - 7pm

2/11/16 for 3 Days

PARKED VEHICLES

WILL BE TOWED

They did the same on our road, and just kept changing the dates.