No parking on my road for road works. No works carried out

Amey were supposed to start resurfacing our road today from 7am. We have had signs up for approx 2 weeks with the below text:

No Loading

No Parking

No Waiting

HIGHWAY

IMPROVEMENTS

7am - 7pm

2/11/16 for 3 Days

PARKED VEHICLES

WILL BE TOWED

But no one showed up today to start the work, so getting up early and moving my car was for nothing :mad:

Could have just parked elsewhere last night.

They don't always get to start the work when they expect. When you get to the end of the period, someone will come and alter the dates on the signs.

Same happened on our road, so a lot of people who were at home just ignored the signs. When they finally turned up, the workmen went knocking on doors and people moved their cars then.

I'd get used to it, they just come and change the dates on the signs.

Could have just parked elsewhere last night.

You appear to be fixating on a secondary part of the text. Whether or not I moved my car last night, this morning, last week or month, doesn't change the fact they didn't start the work. They must have known, so why cause so many people inconvenience? Where are the manners these days?

What's your main complaint? That they haven't started or that you had to get out of bed early to move the car for no reason? Because the latter point is down to poor planning on your part. And the former point is down to the teams moving slower than expected, but could have been predicted by you given the number of similar threads in the last year saying the same thing...

Doesn't matter if they did it today or not, they ask you to not park between certain days/hours because at ANY TIME during those dates, they could come and start work, or preperation work etc...

ours were closed off for about 9 days while they did the whole area....

Doesn't matter if they did it today or not,

Well it does if they are going to threaten to tow peoples vehicles away if they do not move them and then fail to show up to do the work the cars needed to be moved for. Like I said, they will have known they were unable to attend today, so why not let people know.

yeah, they were on our road for approx. 7 'working' days, and completed our road last week, but on the day before they finished they came round changing the dates & durations of the signs

the signs are still up now despite the work having been completed

I have to say though, they were very respectful of residents coming & going, and so far the work seems to be of an acceptable standard, I guess we'll see how good it really is when we start to get a few frosts

the only thing I could criticise them for was all the litter one of their team discarded from his van onto the grass verge outside our house (plastic drink bottles, fag packets, empty paracetamol boxes & packaging etc...)

We had letter in August and signs went up for them to do paths with no parking etc 1st to 7th September on the 7th it changed to 7th to 14th, we had a 2 week holiday booked from 14th so made arrangents for one of our cars to go in storage.

We got back on 29th September the signs were gone. No work done whatsoever to paths or road and no explanation.

Amey did the same to us on our road.

They are a law unto themselves, frustrating isn't it?