Motorbike training sheffield recommendations please

Hello,

Any recommendations on where to do a motorcycle course in sheffield will be the direct access course i have no experience on a motorbike im 25 been driving since 18. Just want to see where most people do it and what they roughly spent

thanks

mitch

Bikesafe at Owlerton dog track. They do the manouevers on the enormous car park there - similar to what you'll have to do on the mod 1 test.

From Owlerton they ride out to Rotherham for the on-the-road training so you can get accustomed to the roads that you'll take your mod 2 on.

All the instructors there are amazing.

Also Mike Barlow at Dronfield is a really good guy.

ATB have some issues reported on here.

Edited by Flexo

Bikesafe at Owlerton dog track. They do the manouevers on the enormous car park there - similar to what you'll have to do on the mod 1 test.

From Owlerton they ride out to Rotherham for the on-the-road training so you can get accustomed to the roads that you'll take your mod 2 on.

All the instructors there are amazing.

Also Mike Barlow at Dronfield is a really good guy.

ATB have some issues reported on here.

Personal experience of bikesafe was from a CBT with them, in which I was pretty much ignored all day while the instructor smarmed around the young girl on the course with me. If I'd had a vagina, I suppose things may have been different

This guy

http://www.mbmotorcycletraining.co.uk/

I did my training with him and passed first time, as did my son, daughter in law and 3 work colleagues.

He has the patience of a saint, very enthusiastic and a great instructional manner.

Personal experience of bikesafe was from a CBT with them, in which I was pretty much ignored all day while the instructor smarmed around the young girl on the course with me. If I'd had a vagina, I suppose things may have been different

I wasn't overly impressed with Bikesafe. I had to take 2 days' training before they gave me the DL196 cert (my fault, I was a complete novice and didn't find it easy) The first guy was nice, but I wasn't ready for road riding, so rebooked it for the next week, and was told I would get a female instructor (not that I mind either way). I did for about an hour, then she moved on to the experienced scooter riders so she could finish early (her words, it was February and it was cold and raining).

Got through the day but we didn't even stop for a lunch break, and I found it quite hard work 6 solid hours of riding in the cold and rain with nothing to eat since breakfast. The instructor was quite abrupt too, I never expected it to be easy, but I didn't find his style very inspiring. And the bike was terrible, it wouldn't go into neutral and the ignition key kept sticking.

If I do it again, or go for a full bike licence, I think I will try somewhere else.

Looking for recommendations on direct access motorcycle training companies and why you chose said company please.

Looking for recommendations on direct access motorcycle training companies and why you chose said company please.

See #6nnnnnnnnnnn