Animal shelter shalesmoor sheffield

Does anyone know anything about the animal shelter near shalesmoor, there's a boat place just in front, is it still used, the place is always in darkness and never any sign of life. I drive past the place every day and as an animal lover I'm curious ??

It's Sheffield City Council Dog Pound, still very much in use

Have a look inside trish,its a damp horrible hole that should have been demolished years ago,not fit to house a dog.

If people actually visited or supported this in any way at all (and that includes the owners of the dogs that end up at the pound) it might be better than it is.

If its not fit then complain to the council.

But this is the end of the line and its a line created by humans - we should be able to do a whole lot better.

Oh dear wish I hadn't asked now to think anything living is kept in there makes me feel sick, poor animals, it looks an awful he'll hole !!!

The council pound isn't the nicest of places, but the girls there work really hard and care for each and every dog. They are all safe, fed and cared for and once their time is up where their owners can claim them then they are taken by local rescues and put up for adoption.

Although there are far nicer places for the dogs to live than the council pound it is still a lot better than the dogs living on the streets or in a cruel home.

Can you rescue dogs from here.

The council pound isn't the nicest of places, but the girls there work really hard and care for each and every dog. They are all safe, fed and cared for and once their time is up where their owners can claim them then they are taken by local rescues and put up for adoption.

Although there are far nicer places for the dogs to live than the council pound it is still a lot better than the dogs living on the streets or in a cruel home.

I did not mean to slag off the people who work there,just the place itself,its a Victorian dump.The council need to find a better place for stray animals,I was amazed at the place when I went inside,dingy damp horrible hole.No animal lover would keep pets in such conditions,it can't be pleasant working there.

Can you rescue dogs from here.

Yes they've always got dogs desperate for a new home.

Also if anyone has any old towels, duvets, pillows etc the pound is grateful for them as they can't wash bedding, they don't have the facilities, so please take them for the dogs, particularly as the cold sets in

I did not mean to slag off the people who work there,just the place itself,its a Victorian dump.The council need to find a better place for stray animals,I was amazed at the place when I went inside,dingy damp horrible hole.No animal lover would keep pets in such conditions,it can't be pleasant working there.

I didn't for a minute think you'd be slagging the staff off, you're obviously an animal lover and are just concerned about their welfare. It isn't the nicest place and that's exactly why it's so important to support the small local rescues as they're the ones that take the dogs from there and help them be re-homed to a happy loving home.

I didn't for a minute think you'd be slagging the staff off, you're obviously an animal lover and are just concerned about their welfare. It isn't the nicest place and that's exactly why it's so important to support the small local rescues as they're the ones that take the dogs from there and help them be re-homed to a happy loving home.

I should have added the local rescues are a cause worth supporting,many struggle to balance the books year after year.

the cat shelter is in broomhall and I think the stray dog place is in Donny.