Definition of max stay near children's hospital - parking

On the signs near hallamshire and children's etc, there is paid parking with the restrictions being between 8-6.30.

Underneath the restrictions says max stay 4 hours (or something along those lines)

So my question is, what is defined as a max stay? Of course it refers to that parking bay and you can not park there for longer than 4 hours.

But f there was then a free space available in front and you rolled it down, would this be acceptable?

What if you drove round the block and the space was still there? Would that be acceptable?

Or can you not park there again that day?

Normally it specifies on the signs that there is a no return rule, say maybe 30 mins or an hour etc, but there is none there.

I'm asking a) because I have received a ticket b) I am still needing to be there will my partner who has given birth and needs help overnight and through out the day, so my car is needed to go home quickly and back, so I'd need a solution on what I need to do about when the 4 hours is up.

I've he a quick search on the council website but it is not clear for me.

I'm going to appeal the ticket, but that doesn't help for the next few days.

There is a multi storey car park on the grounds of hallamshire that allows for extended stays.

My understanding is that you need to move to a different position. In theory the parking attendant should have noted your valve positions on the wheels nearest the kerb, when he / she recorded your initial position. If they have change to a different position when he / she returns, then that shows your vehicle has moved. Of course it's a moot point as to whether you have actually left the bay and returned later, but the above is the method used for recording the position of vehicles

On the signs near hallamshire and children's etc, there is paid parking with the restrictions being between 8-6.30.

Underneath the restrictions says max stay 4 hours (or something along those lines)

So my question is, what is defined as a max stay? Of course it refers to that parking bay and you can not park there for longer than 4 hours.

But f there was then a free space available in front and you rolled it down, would this be acceptable?

What if you drove round the block and the space was still there? Would that be acceptable?

Or can you not park there again that day?

Normally it specifies on the signs that there is a no return rule, say maybe 30 mins or an hour etc, but there is none there.

I'm asking a) because I have received a ticket b) I am still needing to be there will my partner who has given birth and needs help overnight and through out the day, so my car is needed to go home quickly and back, so I'd need a solution on what I need to do about when the 4 hours is up.

I've he a quick search on the council website but it is not clear for me.

I'm going to appeal the ticket, but that doesn't help for the next few days.

I guess this is where you have gone wrong. The parking around there is not labelled individual bays. It's a controlled parking zone; in this case the Broomhill CPZ. So the restriction applies to the zone. So the restriction is 4 hours in any day of operation of the zone.

There is a multi storey car park on the grounds of hallamshire that allows for extended stays.

As I come and go often in the day, this would be an expensive alternative.

My understanding is that you need to move to a different position. In theory the parking attendant should have noted your valve positions on the wheels nearest the kerb, when he / she recorded your initial position. If they have change to a different position when he / she returns, then that shows your vehicle has moved. Of course it's a moot point as to whether you have actually left the bay and returned later, but the above is the method used for recording the position of vehicles

I suppose your valve could easily be in the same place again later on ;) ha.

My personal understanding was that unless it stated no return within X, then it was ok to top up the ticket.

As I come and go often in the day, this would be an expensive alternative.

TBH I would just pay the SCC PCN and take it as an experience, otherwise, have a word with the ward. Depending on the circumstances, they may be able to issue you with a note to park in the Jessops carpark.

TBH I would just pay the SCC PCN and take it as an experience, otherwise, have a word with the ward. Depending on the circumstances, they may be able to issue you with a note to park in the Jessops carpark.

Agreed.

You exceeded the time allowed to park and should pay the fine.

Congratulations on the new arrival btw !

Agreed.

You exceeded the time allowed to park and should pay the fine.

Congratulations on the new arrival btw !

That's fine, but it still begs the question when a reasonable time is to be able to go back to that spot?

Or if you simply rolled it down to the next spot (if one was available) whether that would be acceptable or not?

Edit: thanks for the congrats.

Edited by Robbie Loving

That's fine, but it still begs the question when a reasonable time is to be able to go back to that spot?

Or if you simply rolled it down to the next spot (if one was available) whether that would be acceptable or not?

FIGHT YOUR PRIVATE PARKING INVOICE. tony taylor will sort this out for you. (look on facebook):cool:

FIGHT YOUR PRIVATE PARKING INVOICE. tony taylor will sort this out for you. (look on facebook):cool:

Seems to me that this is a council-issued parking ticket.

I think biotech pete gave a sensible explanation. Just moving spots is not going to cut it as everyone could do that. Just ring them up and ask for the rules.

Won't it be the same as when you park for free for an hour in a free zone, it usually says no return within 4 hours I think.