Status Quo - End Of An Era

I read in The Sun newspaper on Friday 28th Oct that Rick Parfitt of Status Quo has called it a day and will no longer be part of the band......asked if he would change his mind, his answer was a negative one.

Apparently his decision to quit the band was due to the last heart scare.

Being a Status Quo fan ever since they began way back in the sixties it has really sickened me.

AC/DC lost Brian Johnson as their front man ( another one of my favourite bands ) wonder who will be next to call it a day ?

End of an era! Surely you mean end of an earache.

Apparently the rest of their tours are acoustic only and this is what Rick didn't fancy.

End of an era! Surely you mean end of an earache.��

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

With you Habs, sad day, was big quo fan late 70s early 80s, kinda fell out with them, after "end of the road concert Milton Keynes," Sadly thought the became a bit of a sham in later years, you really had to go and see them live to get them, seen loads of bands, over years, nothing beat a quo concert, The above said I "recently saw them at Doncaster race course as part of a race meet entertainment,How wrong I had been not making the effort to see them in recent years!!! Fantastic show, and crowd, 6 to 60 year old fans maybe some older! Amazing, They just don't make bands like l this anymore, How many bands of today will be around next year let alone in fifty years time!

Good luck to Rick and all the best to the rest of the band,Many thanks for all the good times, cheers!

Not done bad for a band who was said could only play twelve bar blues and had three chords. I,ve been there all the way with there music and good luck to Rick for the future, not to everybodies taste but i never came away from a gig feeling disappointed.

Very wise of him to put his health first:)

Very wise of him to put his health first:)

Really, right on ,I wish Elvis' manager had thought on those lines. almost 40 years ago

Really, right on ,I wish Elvis' manager had thought on those lines. almost 40 years ago
........."wealth before health"..........would be Parkers motto!

AC/DC lost Brian Johnson as their front man ( another one of my favourite bands ) wonder who will be next to call it a day ?

It was even worse when AC/DC Lost Bon Scott as their frontman.

I never got to see Quo but have alway's intended to see them one day, looks like I have left it to late, bit gutted to be honest.

Quo could play more that the minimal chord's someone described on here just look back to the 60's in there psychedelic era, they decided to change there style to the one we all know now

I never got to see Quo but have alway's intended to see them one day, looks like I have left it to late, bit gutted to be honest.

Quo could play more that the minimal chord's someone described on here just look back to the 60's in there psychedelic era, they decided to change there style to the one we all know now

I saw them in the eighties at the city hall.Waysted were the support band and were really good and were given the we want more chants and they came out again and did another two songs.I think Quo will quit altogether now because Francis Rossi wanted to stop years ago but only carried on because Rick wanted to carry on.I think they have been a shadow of their former selfs the last ten years or so so perhaps the best time to call it a day.I might get all my old vinyl out and give them a play.