England cricket team

Conditions decided the two test against the emerging youngster from Pakistan.had Root chosen to bat in the 2nd test,we most likely would have lost the mini series,and likewise his choice to bat 1st in ideal bowling conditions at Lords.

The defeat to Scotland was a shock to say the least,with some slack cricket from the so called No1s.......two poor runouts contributed,and Wood should have used up the review at the end.Slack allround.TRJ has been a miss this summer.

Great 5-0 finish to the ODIs against Australia. But it was touch and go at one point. The crowd at Old Trafford really got behind the team to bolster their spirits. The best bit was when the match was halted because a giant beach ball went onto the field (twice)!

Great 5-0 finish to the ODIs against Australia. But it was touch and go at one point. The crowd at Old Trafford really got behind the team to bolster their spirits. The best bit was when the match was halted because a giant beach ball went onto the field (twice)!

Forget about the 480, scraping that last win was the best bit of the series. When all our big hitters are firing we can beat anyone, but when the wheels fall off - which happens alot in English cricket - we need someone to get us over the line. We've got pace, left arm swing, two good spinners - lots of power, and a bit of backbone.

It looks like we're not pulling any trees up against India so far. A couple of eight wicket defeats and a seven wickets defeat so far.

It looks like we're not pulling any trees up against India so far. A couple of eight wicket defeats and a seven wickets defeat so far.

It's almost like playing away on bone dry Indian pitches, no wonder the spinner got a bunch and ours - who have been good in the Odis up to now - went round the park.

Fingers crossed for a better show on Saturday.

Dare I say normal service is resumed?

Hopefully. I really wish I'd been at Headingley on Tuesday.

And we are definately back to normal in the tests, 6 wickets in just over a couple of hours under blue skies, add in the cardinal sin of a run out to boot. I watched the highlights and if the India seamers had bowled straight - and they got lateral movement all day - we'd have been bundled out for 150.

It looked like we would have a healthy first innings lead at one time despite Kohli's efforts and if he hadn't been woefully dropped a couple of times it would have been a match winning lead.

It's not looking so great now. England 86 for 6 at lunch.

It's not looking so great now. England 86 for 6 at lunch.

Gets worse. Buttler, with the ball hooping round corners at speed has a great swipe at one straight after lunch and is caught behind. I looked at it a few times and it's awful. But it's straight after lunch. What are bayliss and ramprakash saying to batsmen? Go and counter punch under grey skies - you'll be fine? I can't believe test batsmen are so stupid to do it off their own back.

Kohli offered a couple of chances (which should have been taken) against some high quality bowling, not many after that. Take note England (like they will!!!)

EDIT - I've looked at the rest on the BBC sport site. Good heavens. Root gently pushed to a fielder, stokes got a good one, bairstow guilty of wafting the bat away from his body (decent delivery though) but I'm not sure what Malan was doing, it went beyond being squared up he was twisting round - horrible. I don't think you can pick him for the next test, he's all over the place.

Edited by tinfoilhat