New Car - How to SORN??

But you still should have SORNed it.

Quite correct. My Sister moved overseas and they drove their car to their new home and Country. Do not ask me, how, when, where or why but she received a fine for not SORNing the car - even though it was not in GB and never would be again.

Forgot to say - she paid the fine. Daft to pay it in my opinion. Doubtful the DVLA would send someone thousands of miles to collect a small fine, would they.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

I think you do get a grace period, as long as its not on the road or being driven. My partner bought a bike last year and forgot to re-SORN it until he got a reminder about a month after receiving the logbook. He then did it straightaway online. It was in a garage and had no wheels at the time, so it wasn't in use.

You have to fill in a V890 form and send it to the DVLA.However this form is no longer available from post offices,you have to download it and print it off yourself.Go on to Gov UK to find the form.

You are not the registered keeper till DVLA updates. But tax and sorn go on different things. Good innit. Nothing like the Govt to come up with knee jerk reactionary measures to non existant prolblems is there...

You need to either wait, or send the V890 and green slip off. Just a query - is it the old V5 logbook or the new? If it's the old style one which were replaced a while back due to some stolen blanks then you cannot do stuff with them online and you must post them to Swansea

We had this problem as well. We put it on private land until the log book arrived.

Not a "log-book" but a V5 (or something like that)- and it's of course explicitly not evidence of ownership either..

Not a "log-book" but a V5 (or something like that)- and it's of course explicitly not evidence of ownership either..

I call it a log book. Don't know why.