Sheffield street art vandalised

Perhaps we need to look at the education system?

plus the fact that the conservatives have been in office since 2010?

Look at it for what? Are you seriously blaming the Conservative Party for people vandalising street art?

Guest sibon
clearly a loony :loopy:feminist:loopy: attack for some bizarre reason on 2 British tv icons street art. theres a surprise feminists attention seeking again:roll:

The national apostrophe and comma strike is really beginning to bite hard.

Which is when vandalism first occurred in this country......

Iv noticed theirs more vandalism now I'm not saying everything before 2010 their was no vandalism or social problems but it seems to have hit an new high. On my last last visit to Sheffield I noticed a lot more graffiti than before a lot of mindless damage done to vacant buildings such a shame the mentioned mural has been damaged .

Iv noticed theirs more vandalism now I'm not saying everything before 2010 their was no vandalism or social problems but it seems to have hit an new high. On my last last visit to Sheffield I noticed a lot more graffiti than before a lot of mindless damage done to vacant buildings such a shame the mentioned mural has been damaged .

That might be your opinion but it is not backed up by statistics.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/2015-07-16#anti-social-behaviour

As you can see - anti-social behaviour (which includes graffiti) has been falling (rather dramatically actually).

If you take out crimes that have been reported to the British Transport Police, then total police recorded crime for anti social behaviour has dropped from just under 4m in 2007/8 to just under 2 million 2014/15.

That might be your opinion but it is not backed up by statistics.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/2015-07-16#anti-social-behaviour

As you can see - anti-social behaviour (which includes graffiti) has been falling (rather dramatically actually).

If you take out crimes that have been reported to the British Transport Police, then total police recorded crime for anti social behaviour has dropped from just under 4m in 2007/8 to just under 2 million 2014/15.

How many crimes go unrecorded in Sheffield each year I bet its a lot . The reasons are varied anything from lost faith in the Police to an owner of an derelict not knowing that an graffiti artist has left his handy work on his building or in fact it helps them get permission to redevelope that site.

I visit Sheffield a lot for family reasons Iv seen it change one topic of conversation with my relatives is how much more vandalism their is in fact one relative has unfortunately had this happen to them they report it nothing happened the same vandalism happened again and again my relative gave up reporting it. I'm sure they are similar cases in Sheffield as for statics believe them if you want its your right but personally I don't.

How many crimes go unrecorded in Sheffield each year I bet its a lot . The reasons are varied anything from lost faith in the Police to an owner of an derelict not knowing that an graffiti artist has left his handy work on his building or in fact it helps them get permission to redevelope that site.

I visit Sheffield a lot for family reasons Iv seen it change one topic of conversation with my relatives is how much more vandalism their is in fact one relative has unfortunately had this happen to them they report it nothing happened the same vandalism happened again and again my relative gave up reporting it. I'm sure they are similar cases in Sheffield as for statics believe them if you want its your right but personally I don't.

I would prefer to believe the statistics than your personal experience yes.

I know somebody working for Sheffield council who deals with anti-social behaviour (such as graffiti) and has said to me how there has been a marked drop in such behaviour over the last 15 years or so. See how personal anecdotes are pretty useless?

I would prefer to believe the statistics than your personal experience yes.

I know somebody working for Sheffield council who deals with anti-social behaviour (such as graffiti) and has said to me how there has been a marked drop in such behaviour over the last 15 years or so. See how personal anecdotes are pretty useless?

Are you friends with Cyclone by any chance as he likes to say the same thing about anecdotes? :suspect: like I say believe who or what you want makes no difference to me LOL. Back on topic I hope the mural gets repaired its one of the better ones.

Are you friends with Cyclone by any chance as he likes to say the same thing about anecdotes? :suspect: like I say believe who or what you want makes no difference to me LOL. Back on topic I hope the mural gets repaired its one of the better ones.

I don't think that is a reason to be suspect. Using anecdotes in debate that aren't backed by other evidence is a well known logical fallacy.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

I too hope the mural gets repaired soon - I think it (and others like it across the city) look brilliant.

One guy was named an shamed over FB about vandalizing some of the street art.....