Halloween costumes

If children want to dress up for Halloween why don't their parents make them a costume instead of buying these rubbish ones from Supermarkets .They all seem to be dangerous - made of plastic and set on fire.

I think the issue with that would be would the parents have the time? , could they make a costume? , end up being more expensive?

I remember dressing in a bin bag and witch's hat for Halloween or a net curtain (ghost). We never bought costumes. The curtain doubled up as an angel costume at Christmas :hihi:

I'm sure kids would have fun making a costume, I don't know why more parents don't do it.

Some of the kids costumes on sale are inappropriate too. My partner came back from his 9 year old son's school fancy dress disco last week, and told me two girls were dressed as Harley Quinn from the new Suicide Squad film. I've watched the film and it's well deserving of its 18 certificate, so these kids should not have watched it.

thats your answer isabelle.black bin bags.fits both your bum and waist.

It doesn't have to cost much to make a costume. Old clothes , nets and bin bags as Isabelle said. Also it would benefit kids to spend time with their parents doing something together instead of going to the supermrket.

If children want to dress up for Halloween why don't their parents make them a costume instead of buying these rubbish ones from Supermarkets .They all seem to be dangerous - made of plastic and set on fire.

It doesn't have to cost much to make a costume. Old clothes , nets and bin bags as Isabelle said. Also it would benefit kids to spend time with their parents doing something together instead of going to the supermrket.

Not sure if bin bags are the way forward if you're concerned about kids' safety.

Not everyone has the time or wherewithal to make a Halloween costume, particularly if the kid has his or her heart set on something specific; a home-made Elsa from Frozen costume made by someone without access to a sewing machine or the knowledge to use one is probably not going to be very successful.

You should be happy that parents are doing something fun with their children: dressing them up and getting them ready for some Halloween entertainment. It hardly matters at all that the costume is home-made or bought from Tesco as long as all concerned have a good time.