Wilko's should relocate to former BHS

Regen of Castlegate is a fabulous concept and idea. Something like this would be ideal with funding from the European Union, like so much of the City Centre development (Train station etc) has relied on over the last few decades.

Oh wait...

Regen of Castlegate is a fabulous concept and idea. Something like this would be ideal with funding from the European Union, like so much of the City Centre development (Train station etc) has relied on over the last few decades.

Oh wait...

It'll be fine. After all, we have an extra £350m a week to spend.

Oh wait...

I have spoken with someone who works in the castle area today. Who told me that to her knowledge wilkinsons has no intention of leaving because they pay very little rent there compared to what a place in the moor would cost.

Looking at their locations round sheffield I never had the feeling wilko cared much about flocking together with other retailers in big retail parks and are perfectly happy to have their own place.

Wilkos are always in locations with really bad or no parking.

Which is a little silly as they sell alot of products that cant be carried very easily.

I have spoken with someone who works in the castle area today. Who told me that to her knowledge wilkinsons has no intention of leaving because they pay very little rent there compared to what a place in the moor would cost.

Looking at their locations round sheffield I never had the feeling wilko cared much about flocking together with other retailers in big retail parks and are perfectly happy to have their own place.

That's what I understand, they will be there until the council issue a compulsory purchase order on the building and knock it down, same goes for B&M. Wilkos and B&M are usually found on the edge of city centres rather than right in the centre so Castlegate suits them fine.

Was on the Moor at the weekend and BHS was getting boarded up. Any idea if work going on behind the scenes or prepping for new retail outlet?

There was talk of Next moving into the unit.

Well, something seems to be happening, but the shop front was half boarded. Hopefully they will not be splitting the shop!

I was told it was next moving into that outlet on the moor

I doubt Next would move down there.

Its probably a giant betting shop :hihi:

I'd like B&M, to move there. :) Although, I do like Wilko's.

The BHS unit is being split in to smaller units I think.

Next are rumoured as potential tenants for the rebuild of the block right up on the corner, opposite Debenhams (where McDonalds used to be).