Blades v MK Dons

What circumstances are those, I've been in France for two weeks ? Unless of course you're referring to the pond life Bratfud fan ?

Lucky ? win for you Blades from a bitter owl. :hihi:

3 points all that counts but hey Ho. WAWAW ;)

20.000 yet again today ,what's up with our fans we are winning on a good run

Yet most of the game the mk Dons fans were by far the loudest come on blades

Get the volume turned up

I'll leave it with you pal you're obviously very busy and I csn see where this nonsense will end up.

Meant I didn't say they'd scored more,I can only

quote what the BBC say.Whereas a Blade said mk kicked them all over and the stats say 11 foul by su and 6 by mk,

Summat not right.

Edited by ukdobby

Well the Blades have given my new born son (born yesterday) his first dose of joy today.

3 points and now 11 unbeaten. Very happy with the run and considering the last 2 games, a 4 point return is good.

Chris wilder is right, MK are in a false position and I have no doubt they will be nearer to the play offs than relegation at the end of the year.

Long may the run continue

Guest sibon
Well the Blades have given my new born son (born yesterday) his first dose of joy today.

3 points and now 11 unbeaten. Very happy with the run and considering the last 2 games, a 4 point return is good.

Chris wilder is right, MK are in a false position and I have no doubt they will be nearer to the play offs than relegation at the end of the year.

Nice one Robbie.

Kiss goodbye to sleep:)

Congratulations,hope mum and son are well and your son becomes the new Messi and plays for the massive.

Congrats mate!

A deserved win today against, a very cynical, niggly MK Dons side (as usual). I don't think we ever get that many good matches with that lot - led by Lewington, who gets away with a lot of stuff, yet goes down like a ton of bricks when anyone is near him.

MKD, when they do try and play it around, have got some good players (at this level at least), and would expect them to pull away from the bottom with Agard and Maynard available... their goal was a really crisp strike from ex-owl Potter, and for a while it could've gone either way.

The referee was poor today though - the bookings were bizarre at times, with far worse offences getting nothing. Still, we did enough and took advantage of one of the few decisions that went our way on the winner - at the time, we thought it may have gone out before Scougall scooped it into Billy's path - fortunately the lino was happy with it. On tv, it is hard to say either way from the camera angle.

Biggest plus was Fleck, looking really good for us today, and the high pressing really worked today, regularly picking up the loose balls and when Done is back in the side, we will look even better.

As far as the strength of L1 this season compared to others, it has seemed to be (from what i've seen) that it is stronger than in the last few years... last season was the easiest chance to go up if we had been even remotely upto it... Gillingham led the way for a long time, and a pub team from Barnsley went up! This time, arguably the favourites (excluding blades) are Bolton, and they've been up there all season, Scunny have built on their strong finish last year, and Bradford look a good side at this level.

There are plenty of average sides in the division, as there always is, but that applies equally to the Championship, when average outfits like Huddersfield had dominated early on, and formerly decent sides like Derby are slumming it with the likes of Rotherham.

A deserved win today against, a very cynical, niggly MK Dons side (as usual). I don't think we ever get that many good matches with that lot - led by Lewington, who gets away with a lot of stuff, yet goes down like a ton of bricks when anyone is near him.

MKD, when they do try and play it around, have got some good players (at this level at least), and would expect them to pull away from the bottom with Agard and Maynard available... their goal was a really crisp strike from ex-owl Potter, and for a while it could've gone either way.

The referee was poor today though - the bookings were bizarre at times, with far worse offences getting nothing. Still, we did enough and took advantage of one of the few decisions that went our way on the winner - at the time, we thought it may have gone out before Scougall scooped it into Billy's path - fortunately the lino was happy with it. On tv, it is hard to say either way from the camera angle.

Biggest plus was Fleck, looking really good for us today, and the high pressing really worked today, regularly picking up the loose balls and when Done is back in the side, we will look even better.

As far as the strength of L1 this season compared to others, it has seemed to be (from what i've seen) that it is stronger than in the last few years... last season was the easiest chance to go up if we had been even remotely upto it... Gillingham led the way for a long time, and a pub team from Barnsley went up! This time, arguably the favourites (excluding blades) are Bolton, and they've been up there all season, Scunny have built on their strong finish last year, and Bradford look a good side at this level.

There are plenty of average sides in the division, as there always is, but that applies equally to the Championship, when average outfits like Huddersfield had dominated early on, and formerly decent sides like Derby are slumming it with the likes of Rotherham.

Good report but why be so sniffy about Rotherham? They've spent three seasons in a division above the likes of Sheffield United.

Very well summed up.

It was pretty obvious that MK Dons were instructed to impose themselves on us and to stop us playing football which in all fairness I found to be a bit bizarre. When they weren't kicking out, pulling at players and throwing themselves on the floor you could see glimpses of a team who still know how to play good, flowing, passing football. In fact I would go as far as saying that when they weren't playing "naughty" football as I would call it, they were probably the best team to come to Bramall Lane so far this season.

Mk Dons will be a top 10 team come the end of the season based on that performance. You always have that team who hit some real form and shoot themselves up the table into a play-off position, this could well be MK Dons.

As for us..........Two words sum us up once again, Adaptability and resilience. We are showing characteristics that have been missing in a Sheffield United team for some time. It was quite evident that the MK Dons were instructed to frustrate us and to stop us playing football at all costs and all of our usual threats such as Sharp, Scougall, Fleck and Duffy all found themselves on the wrong end of niggly challenges.....In the past this might have been enough to stifle creativity and knock us off our game but not now. We didn't get dragged into that style of game and instead we were patient and continued to play football with the confidence that the chances would come and that we would win the game.

For the most we will play a pressuring, attacking style of football because this is how Wilder likes his team to play, we have seen this for the most of the season so far. However we will find ourselves with half a dozen or more games like this where the opposition place real emphasis on preventing us from playing football as opposed to playing football themselves. It is the 20 points or so from games like these that can be the difference and dictate between success and failure.

It is fantastic to see that we have the adaptability and resilience to be successful in these sorts of games as it could well be the difference for us.