Derby v Sheffield Wednesday

Appalling performance but appalling decision. We were rubbish tho.

CC is clearly not happy with the no penalty decision. Not surprising as it would have been a sending off, and if the penalty had gone in would have been a good chance for the Owls to win.

It's one of those when you see on tv it clearly hits the defender's hand on the line, but I don't know that he could've done much about it (he didn't appear to stick his arm out to save it). Nine times out of ten you would expect to get that penalty, perhaps the ref didn't have a great view, but unfortunately you just have to get on with it and hope you get another chance.

Unfortunately for the owls Derby took advantage of their good fortune with a goal soon after, but I'm sure their fans would be able to point out occasions this season where they've had blatant decisions going against them...

It's how the owls react that matters - chalk it off to a bit of bad fortune, and put it right next time out. If last season is anything to go on, the owls will most likely bounce back in a positive way.

CC is clearly not happy with the no penalty decision. Not surprising as it would have been a sending off, and if the penalty had gone in would have been a good chance for the Owls to win.

What gets my back up is the refs don't explain why they give a decision.

What gets my back up is the refs don't explain why they give a decision.

It wouldn't change people's perception or sort anything out, so I see little point in it.

But I go feel they should be held accountable for their mistakes. The only time they are is when it is an absolutely ridiculous decision and then what happens? They are given a lower league game as punishment.

How is that a punishment?

It's unfortunate when it happens but as the old saying goes it will probably even itself out over the course of the season, wether that proves true or not I don't know.

Sometimes it goes your way sometimes it doesn't and this week I'm sure the Derby fans will have no complaints.

It's unfortunate when it happens but as the old saying goes it will probably even itself out over the course of the season, wether that proves true or not I don't know.

Sometimes it goes your way sometimes it doesn't and this week I'm sure the Derby fans will have no complaints.

indeed it does, we'll get the rub of the green, we always struggle against Derby, damn bogie teams :rant:

indeed it does, we'll get the rub of the green, we always struggle against Derby, damn bogie teams :rant:

I honestly think it will come good for Wednesday and they are only s few goals short of having a good shot at promotion. I know people don't like it when he is mentioned but what was Forestieri's goal tally at this stage last season?.

He is very quiet this season up to know.

Are you Christiaan Barnard in disguise Red as you seem to like talking about heart. As in the other thread, define 'heart' for me please.

Haha. The 'heart' comment again

We don't have the heart. Just. Lol

So you can't explain it then.

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 14:29 ----------

Anyway. Back on track I think we'll draw 1-1 tomorrow. Best chance we've had to beat derby for a while but just don't think we will. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Wasn't wrong was I guys... ;)

Wasn't wrong was I guys... ;)

well yes you was or maybe your wrong but it's a stupid comment really. you can have plenty of heart as you say but still lose a game, plenty of fighting spirit in the team but yesterday just wasn't our day.

---------- Post added 30-10-2016 at 15:07 ----------

It's one of those when you see on tv it clearly hits the defender's hand on the line, but I don't know that he could've done much about it (he didn't appear to stick his arm out to save it). Nine times out of ten you would expect to get that penalty, perhaps the ref didn't have a great view, but unfortunately you just have to get on with it and hope you get another chance.

Unfortunately for the owls Derby took advantage of their good fortune with a goal soon after, but I'm sure their fans would be able to point out occasions this season where they've had blatant decisions going against them...

It's how the owls react that matters - chalk it off to a bit of bad fortune, and put it right next time out. If last season is anything to go on, the owls will most likely bounce back in a positive way.

awful decision for the penalty but then the penalty we got at huddersfield was one that may or may not of been given depending on the ref so can't grumble too much. need to show more going forward so when we don't get the decisions or we concede we can still get something.

still we are in a good position in the league so not to worry yet but i still don't understand why he persists in playing bannan on the right when we have 2 other wingers he could use

well yes you was or maybe your wrong but it's a stupid comment really. you can have plenty of heart as you say but still lose a game, plenty of fighting spirit in the team but yesterday just wasn't our day.

---------- Post added 30-10-2016 at 15:07 ----------

awful decision for the penalty but then the penalty we got at huddersfield was one that may or may not of been given depending on the ref so can't grumble too much. need to show more going forward so when we don't get the decisions or we concede we can still get something.

still we are in a good position in the league so not to worry yet but i still don't understand why he persists in playing bannan on the right when we have 2 other wingers he could use

Yesterday was a mentality problem - that's what I mean by heartless. You lost before you turned up.

luck or bad luck does even itself out over a season.

what do you think brighton fans were thinking during their play off game versus the owls.

3 players off-how unlucky can you get in a massive game in a 1 off situation where you only get that chance.

so what i`m getting at is that you lot lost and move on without thinking its only you that gets bad luck cos it aint

Yesterday was a mentality problem - that's what I mean by heartless. You lost before you turned up.

Explain mentality problem (seeing as you couldn't define heart)