Carp in Damflask Reservoir / Rivelins Dams / Agden Reservoir?

Does anyone know if there is carp to be caught in those reservoirs?

Lots of talk of big pike/chub/bream in Damflask. Is there any carp in there?

I'm finding some info on Rivelin Valley, what about those two reservoirs? Are we allowed to fish it? Do both hold carp? Lovely location it seems.

Same question for Agden Reservoir?

Just curious. Need a new challenge. I don't like small ponds or aquarium fisheries.

I'm not familiar with tackle shops in and around Hillsborough I could go to to acquire some of this info? I'd like to know where they are. Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers!

I used to fish Dam Flask years ago for the Bream and it was very hard work.

I don't mind putting some effort in. It's all part of carp fishing. I can image they are going to be hard to spot on that water. If I know they are there it's a start :)

Does anyone know if there is carp to be caught in those reservoirs?

Lots of talk of big pike/chub/bream in Damflask. Is there any carp in there?

I'm finding some info on Rivelin Valley, what about those two reservoirs? Are we allowed to fish it? Do both hold carp? Lovely location it seems.

Same question for Agden Reservoir?

Just curious. Need a new challenge. I don't like small ponds or aquarium fisheries.

I'm not familiar with tackle shops in and around Hillsborough I could go to to acquire some of this info? I'd like to know where they are. Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Dawsons tackle shop, holme lane hillsborough 0114 2812178

There maybe the odd carp in Damflask, mainly roach perch bream pike though Mick Dawson could help you here.

I was under the impression Agden was no fishing......give Mick a ring or call in

Unless some have been illegally stocked, Dam Flask doesn't hold any carp. I don't know about Rivelin dams. There are some big carp in Underbank though they are notoriously difficult to catch.

Unless some have been illegally stocked, Dam Flask doesn't hold any carp. I don't know about Rivelin dams. There are some big carp in Underbank though they are notoriously difficult to catch.

Where is the underbank? Nevermind, got it!

---------- Post added 25-10-2016 at 07:50 ----------

Dawsons tackle shop, holme lane hillsborough 0114 2812178

There maybe the odd carp in Damflask, mainly roach perch bream pike though Mick Dawson could help you here.

I was under the impression Agden was no fishing......give Mick a ring or call in

I only mentioned Agden as I'm struggling to find info on that at all. Maybe someone knows.

I have seen that shop. I forgot about that one. I'll call in soon. Cheers

Edited by Joffrey
typo

Agden is definitely no fishing - always has been

no carp in the flask, or if there are they have been illegally stocked & it would only be a scattering.

The flask has always been bream, roach, perch, chub & pike

there may be the odd wild brown trout that's come down the stream, doubt there's any of the rainbows left from when they used to stock it in the 80's (I seem to recall rainbows don't breed in waters they are stocked?)

I've also read in a few places there's the odd tench.... in all the years I fished it as a teenager, I never met anyone who had seen one come out, so if there are some it will only be a handful

Underbank is out at Stocksbridge, the bypass runs along it's northern bank

don't know very much about that, as only fished it 2 or 3 times in my youth

I went past Underbank last week & it must be being drained & is very low.

Same with damflask reservoir. Must be a couple of meter down. Walked around it today.

Same with damflask reservoir. Must be a couple of meter down. Walked around it today.

Work is being carried out on the overflow, it will be like this for up to 18 months.

ideal time to get up there & take some photo's, so when the level's back up I'll have more idea of depths & features...

might be useful for the future - if I ever get time to get up there fishing!

I remember when I was a youth, we used to walk round the dam when we weren't catching (which was most of the time) and when it was low water we'd root around finding lost tackle, feeders, spinners, devon minnows & tip section of rods with rusted rings...

Some treasure to be found when the flask is low good fun