New company using similar name to mine.

Its sad when you have a good reputation and someone adopts a similar name to yours. :mad:

I had that a few years back with another printing company. We met up, had a good chat over a pint in a pub, and got on very well.we helped each other out over the years

If they provide the same goods and/or services as you and, with their choice of name, are clearly piggy-backing on your reputation, then do something about it :)

What can you do, My advantage is my company is all over the internet so even if he advertises people will check the net first so free advertising for me. :)

His customers might even end up booking you by mistake, as your information will be easier to find.

You've got a decent internet presence?

What can you do, My advantage is my company is all over the internet so even if he advertises people will check the net first so free advertising for me. :)
Until they start giving you a bad name by association.

"Yeah, XYZ movers? I saw their van at the lights the other day, they was driving like a maniac/saw the driver spitting out through window/saw the driver effin and blindin at that poor woman <etc.> Disgusting, they want reporting, would never use them <etc.>".

The words you are looking for are 'passing off' [EDIT - snap :)]

Might this be a good marketing opportunity for you to turn this to your advantage? - to put on your website something to the effect of....'it has come to our attention that another (whatever you do) company has started up using a similar name. To ensure you have the genuine/original (whatever you are called) always check for this logo/this name, whatever, etc'

I already have but thankyou. Also bought the domain name hes using so no website with that name.;)

Its sad when you have a good reputation and someone adopts a similar name to yours. :mad:

I assume this is about your company name "Moves and Removes", but this is not a registered business and if it was, you would have been protected.

A company was registered this year called "Move & Remove Limited" which is based in London. As your business is based in Sheffield, I cant see any issue.

Aren't the registered company name and the Trading name often different though?

I assume this is about your company name "Moves and Removes", but this is not a registered business and if it was, you would have been protected.

A company was registered this year called "Move & Remove Limited" which is based in London. As your business is based in Sheffield, I cant see any issue.

No not that one some guy I presume in s6 using a very very similar name You don't need to be registered in Companies house as a sole trader. All to do with common decadency really.