Lets Ban it (title too short)

So are you saying that the politically correct elite should be censored? It certainly looks like it. They shouldn't be allowed to call for their demise (are we killing them now?) because they were offended... You seem conflicted.

I'm saying that it is inappropriate for the politically correct elite to decide the fate of MP's because it is a matter for the electorate. They are of course free to voice their opinion but extrajudicial/extra-electoral removal of people from office (which is so frequently the call) for failing the politically correct standards demanded by a self-appointed elite is wrong.

And, in case you were unaware, the word 'demise' has several meaning of which 'death' is but one. You make yourself look silly not me.

So you want them to shut up? Or are they allowed to have and share an opinion?

"Call for" was what you wanted them to stop doing... So that's expressing an opinion isn't it? The thing you were just arguing that everyone should be allowed to...

---------- Post added 25-10-2016 at 21:20 ----------

Who ARE the politically correct elite that you think should be silenced anyway? Because it started off as being a bunch of newspapers I think...

---------- Post added 25-10-2016 at 21:25 ----------

And in what way does "calling for" actually "decide". Basically you'd like them to stop sharing their opinion. Which is ironic, given that you were just arguing for freedom of speech and how other people only want it for some. Hoist by your own petard I believe.

Oh, and demise, it pretty much means death if applied to a person.

demise

dɪˈmʌɪz/Submit

noun

a person's death.

"Mr Grisenthwaite's tragic demise"

synonyms: death, dying, passing, passing away, passing on, loss of life, expiry, expiration, end, departure from life, final exit; More

LAW

conveyance or transfer of property or a title by will or lease.

verbLAW

convey or grant (an estate) by will or lease.

"the manor and the mill were demised for twenty-one-year terms"

Edited by Cyclone

I'm saying that it is inappropriate for the politically correct elite to decide the fate of MP's because it is a matter for the electorate. They are of course free to voice their opinion but extrajudicial/extra-electoral removal of people from office (which is so frequently the call) for failing the politically correct standards demanded by a self-appointed elite is wrong.

And, in case you were unaware, the word 'demise' has several meaning of which 'death' is but one. You make yourself look silly not me.

Give over with the 'elite' tag it's lazy. It's the non-pc crowds version of a lefty liberal shouting 'racist' at everything.

Anyway, yeah people that say daft and hateful stuff should be held to account. You can have these debates about migration etc without resorting to the sort of vile guff that get spouted.

Politicians are in a position of responsibility and influence so rightly should be more careful about what they say.

Freedom to say what you want is one thing, but when it is isolates and hurts others it's not as noble as you think it is.

Or, politicians are free to say "check their teeth", and every right minded person in the country is then free to say "sack the idiot". Free speech for the win.

Give over with the 'elite' tag it's lazy. It's the non-pc crowds version of a lefty liberal shouting 'racist' at everything.

Anyway, yeah people that say daft and hateful stuff should be held to account. You can have these debates about migration etc without resorting to the sort of vile guff that get spouted.

Politicians are in a position of responsibility and influence so rightly should be more careful about what they say.

Freedom to say what you want is one thing, but when it is isolates and hurts others it's not as noble as you think it is.

I agree with this. It's not what you say, but how you say it.... Unfortunately some people don't have the vocabulary.

I'm not a natural banner of things - however I'm glad that smoking in enclosed public places has been banned.

True, I agree with that one. It was a behaviour that inherently affected everyone around in a clearly detrimental way. There was no safe way to smoke in an indoor public space.