Inconsiderate idiots setting fireworks off

but its nice of them to pay at least we can offer a family anight out without a entry fee and in what we believe pyrotechnic fireworks in a safer environment ,but of course there isn't such thing as a guaranteed safe firework ever,at least our area had a chance to make the public a choice on the matter and for that we are gratefull and we have also match funded this via local tenants and residents associations whoo gave by choice.

Not necessarily knocking it Bassett, just pointing out it's not free.

i wonder why the op classes them as idiots? inconsiderate maybe, idiots why?

i think the way forward is for areas/tenants/resident groups ect,ect get together like we have,find a venue,find funding and organise a proper event in there community and it will help reduce the problems that unfortunately many of you have had and have to endure .

jen 17 I have to be carefull ,but what you say is not completely true as most of the one

I help run is paid by scc that's why its free thanks

Would love to know where these are - I appreciate you cannot particularly advertise but anything paid for by SCC should be made known to all ?

our event paid for by scc and various other groups is a 50% per cent basis but we only had enough to cover all the basics and not the pyrotechnics so the council match funded via

there ward pots in graves area and greenhill,full details on other events,but we all agreed its about safety for people and both labour and lib dem agreed ,even before the may elections they would help whoever won.

I'm classing them as idiots as is there any need to set fireworks off at 4pm, when it's still light? Also because I find intake a lovely place, especially up my end, mostly old people, so in my opinion, I think it's a young idiotic group of people.

I may be wrong, but why else would a fire work have ended up pointing at my neighbours house, with the box still on the drive.

I'd rather have my own thanks, I don't really like the 'public'... And the beer is cheaper at my display.

You'd have to drink a fair few pints to make up for the cost of the fireworks, good job bonfire night's n a Saturday so you can recover!

---------- Post added 30-10-2016 at 09:40 ----------

Would do if the council still had organised displays, please don't say After Dark which is horrendously overpriced and far too packed with people. The ones that used to take place in public parks were the best and well attended - safe and free!

Other organised ones now charge admission and if in local pubs you are made to feel like an intruder because you don't drink there regularly.

There's plenty of displays on around the city. Niagara and Chelsea Park spring to mind. Even if they cost a few quid to get in, still cheaper than buying your own.

We get the best of both worlds, with a great view of the (superb) Niagara display from our back garden. This year we'll be enjoying the display from the vantage point of our decking, tucking into homemade soup, hotdogs and mulled cider :)

Edited by Olive

i agree with that or do what we did organise a meeting of all local groups,get a idea ,put in your money,work with the local councillors and in our case our local MP

started off our fund with a big donation,this adds up to a decent some so everyone can enjoy a free entry event,we also believe the little ones all don't like fireworks so we put on other indoor/outdoor things for them to enjoy,dont expect the police and others to solve your areas problems,i suggest try our idea,help yourselves to enjoy a nice night out and if you have visitors from other areas treat that as a compliment not a intrusion.

I'm classing them as idiots as is there any need to set fireworks off at 4pm, when it's still light? Also because I find intake a lovely place, especially up my end, mostly old people, so in my opinion, I think it's a young idiotic group of people.

I may be wrong, but why else would a fire work have ended up pointing at my neighbours house, with the box still on the drive.

Wait for the top banana gang tonight around the Rude shipyard.

Tonight's an exception, as I can't tell who's setting which ones off. :D

depends...got kids no..if your like me a grumpy old git.yes.

Wait for the top banana gang tonight around the Rude shipyard.

The council have still missed an obvious trick with these lads as ,someone has said before a neighbourhood festival to sponsor multi culturalism funded by the council from the ratepayers money would soon sort these young scamps out.