Inconsiderate idiots setting fireworks off

Last night, some people were setting fireworks off at about 8pm. I don't mind this, but I want people to be more careful.

I was watching coronation street, after just bathing my little one when it sounded like a bomb had exploded, and a huge white flash appeared from meters away from my window.

A fire work had been either thrown at next doors house, or had hit it accidently. My neighbour ran outside and stamped something out, which seemed to be on fire, and the whole street filled up with smoke.

I'm one for fireworks, love the site of them, but considering its neither halloween, bonfire night, or new year, why are people setting them off so early?

It scares me to think what if someone would have been walking past, or my neighbour could have been having a cig..

Please just be careful if your setting fireworks off, make sure they are set properly in the ground, and that your not letting children light them.

This didn't just land on my neighbours house, it exploded right outside their window.

I fully agree,and further more believe its better to have proper bonfire events,run by

organisations,years ago scc used to do events in parks free for familys to enjoy,but due to costs have now stopped them,i believe that they should be free events for familys to enjoy,so much so I suggested this to our MP louise haigh and the greenhill/beuchief and graves park ward councillors agreed and the batemoor tara,jordanthorpe tara and

the greenhill tara and we have at meadowhead have revived this and are doing ours at meadowhead on nov 4th and I believe this is the way forward not on our streets.

I can't understand why we can even buy the buggers.

It's not something we are really qualified to use especially the massive stuff.

I can't understand why we can even buy the buggers.

It's not something we are really qualified to use especially the massive stuff.

We can buy them to have private displays. It doesn't require any special qualification to safely use a firework.

Ban them, they are a nuisance and total waste of time and money.

All part of the "ban it" calls for any and every activity that someone doesn't enjoy themselves.

Ban football, I don't like it, it causes violence, traffic congestion, illegal parking problems and so on. Bet you're not so keen on that idea Starlc?

Happy to have them banned. Whatever makes people think it acceptable to set them off late on random dates, waking up everyone within a half mile radius?

Happy to have them banned. Whatever makes people think it acceptable to set them off late on random dates, waking up everyone within a half mile radius?

It's already illegal to set them off on "random dates" later than 10pm. So why not just enforce the law?

Last night, some people were setting fireworks off at about 8pm. I don't mind this, but I want people to be more careful.

I was watching coronation street, after just bathing my little one when it sounded like a bomb had exploded, and a huge white flash appeared from meters away from my window.

A fire work had been either thrown at next doors house, or had hit it accidently. My neighbour ran outside and stamped something out, which seemed to be on fire, and the whole street filled up with smoke.

I'm one for fireworks, love the site of them, but considering its neither halloween, bonfire night, or new year, why are people setting them off so early?

It scares me to think what if someone would have been walking past, or my neighbour could have been having a cig..

Please just be careful if your setting fireworks off, make sure they are set properly in the ground, and that your not letting children light them.

This didn't just land on my neighbours house, it exploded right outside their window.

are you sure you did"nt get confused with corrie,there were plenty of fireworks going of there..phew.

It's already illegal to set them off on "random dates" later than 10pm. So why not just enforce the law?

It's going to be hard to enforce though. If someone sets a firework off, by the time it explodes the said person could be half way down the street. Unless the people setting them off don't move and are doing it constantly, we've got little chance.

We can buy them to have private displays. It doesn't require any special qualification to safely use a firework.

You didn't see the 'display' my new neighbour did in the field the other year.

Having worked out his garden wasn't big enough for the ordnance he'd bought he decamped to the back field.

It looked like Baghdad, missiles flying everywhere and landing who knows.

It must have cost him a fortune.

And my wisteria snapped off, maybe a coincidence but I like to think that's his fault too.