The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

I think the OBR are waiting to see what Brexit means........then they can re examine,as can everybody else.

That's why the gods gave science this symbol ±

How will continental businesses sell into the UK if there isn't a free trade agreement?

How will continental businesses sell into the UK if there isn't a free trade agreement?

At bit of extra paperwork and in some cases by paying small tariffs.

No system is fool proof but all can be improved on. You will notice that murder is also illegal in this country but people still do it... should we stop bothering?

Firstly, employment doesn't necessarily equate to a positive financial contribution and this is never the case when the employment is low paid. The reality is that most natives in the UK do not make a positive financial contribution (i.e. paying more than their equal share of government expenditure) and that shortfall has to be made up by others - they need to be subsidised and supported. All low/no paid immigrants are burden and I, like most people, are simply not interested in buying burden. Secondly, I really don't want to by burden when it is also accompanied by social impacts and extremism... I want immigration policy to minimise these things too AND create additional wealth instead of burden.

But leftists are not entrepreneurs that create wealth by selling stuff that people want to buy. When nobody wants to buy their crap they blame the customers - they are unintelligent, bigoted, racist, xenophobic, deviants - and seek to force them to buy. They ignore the protest and concerns (justified in their eyes because such people are deviants) and impose their will. But eventually people decide not to take this any more and they start voting with their vote. Voting for anyone other than the left. Moving further and further away from the left to not only get away from them but to find someone that will administer some payback by implementing policies that will upset the left.

People aren't being duped by the far right... we're running in their direction to get away from the left. But even when we tell you what is happening, the vanity and arrogance of the left means you stick on your blinkers and refuse to see it. You blame everyone except those responsible... yourselves.

You still don't get it do you? It doesn't matter what it will cost. Most people decided not to vote for a system that surrenders sovereignty. The silver or lead threat made in response by pro-EU supporters is rejected. Whatever the cost is the cost. It is a matter of principle. And once we have determined a strategic course of action (based on matters of principle) we get on with the job of implementation... and that's what we are doing. Move on.

What you need to do is ask yourself why is it that people from different countries/cultures have a different work ethic? When you work that out then you have the answer. Can you work it out?

Brilliant.........all this money which we saved by not giving it to the EU was a meaningless argument anyway,it doesn't matter if it costs more to exit,didn't matter if every business in the UK re located back into the EU,or The City moved to Frankfurt or Paris,with all the loss of jobs and tax revenues that go with them..........the whole of the UK could have been laid to waste as a result of Brexit as the whole thing would have been a price worth paying....... because it's the principle stupid.

You can't just make stuff up you know. It's bad form.

The predictions of prompt recession were wrong. I shan't say false, because they might have believed them at the time. But they were wrong.

As a result, those who made such predictions have lost credibility with moderates and rightly so.

Predictions of a recession when we leave Europe. We haven't even started the process of leaving Europe yet.

Nor were those predictions made by the chancellor.

which someone has to fill in and check and someone else has to read. i doubt these people would do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

the wto tariff on some stuff is around 10%, hardly a small tariff

Predictions of a recession when we leave Europe. We haven't even started the process of leaving Europe yet.

Nor were those predictions made by the chancellor.

As I have proven multiple times on this forum and even on this thread, the department which the Chancellor heads, the Treasury, specifically predicted a prompt recession following the vote itself.

You're normally a very honest person, at least from what I see on this forum. Don't let your passion on this matter compromise you.

Many on both sides have done so and will regret it.

Isn't that pretty much what UK businesses will face if they want to export to Europe?

As I have proven multiple times on this forum and even on this thread, the department which the Chancellor heads, the Treasury, specifically predicted a prompt recession following the vote itself.

In the Autumn statement and other institutions say that the UK is/was the fastest growing economy, google says India or China.

I havnt got time to search now, but with a falling pound and the recent crash and forcasts; it doesnt feel like a growing economy to me.

I havnt got time to search now, but with a falling pound and the recent crash and forcasts; it doesnt feel like a growing economy to me.

¿ We'll discard all data then shall we and instead rely on your intuition. ¿

---------- Post added 27-11-2016 at 10:43 ----------

Isn't that pretty much what UK businesses will face if they want to export to Europe?

Yup. Although on WTO MFN rules on tariffs by sector, and given that we operate a trade deficit with the EU; the EU will have to pay far more in tariffs to the UK government than we'll have to pay them.

---------- Post added 27-11-2016 at 10:49 ----------

which someone has to fill in and check and someone else has to read. i doubt these people would do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

the wto tariff on some stuff is around 10%, hardly a small tariff

What blatant spin. The 10% tariff is exceptional and not standard. The weighted average is 2-3% depending on how you measure it.

The admin costs are negligible.

Edited by unbeliever

¿ We'll discard all data then shall we and instead rely on your intuition. ¿.

Just watching Peston on Sunday, they read out the same comment from a viewer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/31/news/economy/india-economy-gdp-narendra-modi/

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/india-worlds-fastest-growing-economy-sees-drop-forex-reserves-amid-demonetisation-705644

Just watching Peston on Sunday, they read out the same comment from a viewer.

¿ So we'll wind up the OBR then and just pick a random twittering from the net. ¿

The developing nations almost always grow faster. They're starting from a lower base. We're the fastest growing in the G7 and even the OBR say that will continue regardless of the matter of Brexit.