The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

so whats the problem if in or out is of no consequence, I was just wondering why you seem to wish ill on others, and why you say social class rather than economic?

I said nothing about social class. My argument now that I've accepted Brexit is happening is purely economic. Transitional arrangements suit everybody best. May has this point nailed and I agree with her fully.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/cpsprodpb/F9AF/production/_90091936_img_5827.png

The above BBC graphic explains the article 50 process, I have tried to explain this several times before, but the graph is a nice visual reminder of the weakness of the UK negotiating position. Unless May openly supports free movement of people, Hard Brexit is very likely. I think the market has already adjusted to a degree, but there is still more to come.

A lot of people who are arguing against hard Brexit have nothing to particularly fear or lose from it, me included.

I guess ez is in the same position.

Surely we all have something to lose, the economy will crash harder and for longer if there is a "hard" exit. That will affect everyone in the country won't it?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 09:25 ----------

Unless it never pays back and just increases the debt.

Yes, that would be someone getting the sums wrong wouldn't it.

Do you KNOW that current infrastructure spending will never pay back? Should you be advising the government?

Surely we all have something to lose, the economy will crash harder and for longer if there is a "hard" exit. That will affect everyone in the country won't it?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 09:25 ----------

Yes, that would be someone getting the sums wrong wouldn't it.

Do you KNOW that current infrastructure spending will never pay back? Should you be advising the government?

Do you know that current infrastructure spending will pay back?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/cpsprodpb/F9AF/production/_90091936_img_5827.png

The above BBC graphic explains the article 50 process, I have tried to explain this several times before, but the graph is a nice visual reminder of the weakness of the UK negotiating position. Unless May openly supports free movement of people, Hard Brexit is very likely. I think the market has already adjusted to a degree, but there is still more to come.

The markets have no idea what the outcome will be, neither do we.

I believe there will be a second referendum, and we may end up staying in.

Do you know that current infrastructure spending will pay back?

Did you confuse me with the secretary for state?

The main consequence I have noticed is that there are a lot of poor losers.

Did you hear the budget yesterday?

£450 million/week WORSE off.

And we haven't even left yet. We haven't even triggered the process of starting to leave.

But, sure, we're just poor losers, because we didn't want to plunge the country into a disaster.

And we haven't even left yet. We haven't even triggered the process of starting to leave.

But, sure, we're just poor losers, because we didn't want to plunge the country into a disaster.

But, but,but,

"The 'Brexit dividend' DOES exist: Britain to benefit from extra £32BILLION when it leaves the EU and stops sending cash to Brussels

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3969844/The-Brexit-dividend-DOES-exist-Britain-set-benefit-extra-32bn-leaves-EU-Gove-MPs-demanding-money-poured-NHS.html#ixzz4R1AQND6v

So you think all those who voted to leave wanted to plunge the country into disaster ?

Try optimism and confidence in our elected leaders instead pessimism.

The main consequence I have noticed is that there are a lot of poor losers.

yup we'll all be poor losers when it all kicks in, and those with not much will lose most

Have you not noticed that one week all the news is full how well we are going to do from Brexit stories then the following week when sales have dropped we get all the gloom and doom.

It's like we have all turned in to Pte Frazier " we're doomed! Doomed I tell you "