The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

This is obviously false. Read it. Please.

Read what? HM Treasury analysis: the immediate economic impact of leaving the EU which says

The Prime Minister has said that if the UK votes to leave the EU, the British

people would expect the Article 50 process to start straight away

The timescales start from article 50 being triggered - see figure 1B

Thanks for the link as this is the misleading one written by George Osborne that lied about everyone being £4,300 worse off for at least 15 years.

That's not what it says though, is it?

It says the reduction in the country's GDP would be the equivalent of £4,300 per household after 15 years and every year thereafter. How did you end up with the wrong knowledge?

The scale of the initial impact of this transition to a permanent reduction in trade, foreign

direct investment and productivity in the long term would depend crucially on the sort of

relationship the UK would seek with the EU. The analysis in the long-term document

sets out a range for each alternative, with a central estimate that gross domestic

product (GDP) would be £4,300 lower in 2015 terms for each household after 15

years and every year thereafter.

However, the impact of the transition effect would be

considerably larger if the UK did not seek participation in the Single Market, as would be

the case if it fell back on World Trade Organization (WTO) membership.

Police and intelligence cooperation is hardly a threat to sovereignty.

It will all come up for review over the next 2 years anyway, but for now it seems perfectly reasonable.

Half Brexit would be a betrayal of the vote and the MPs know it. A few such as Nick Clegg (Lib Dems as a whole) and Owen Smith will wilfully betray the vote, but the Conservatives will not, nor will most of Labour.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 14:05 ----------

No it's part of the EU.

But it's not a police force rampaging across the continent arresting folk.

Its just an intelligence sharing and cooperation scheme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europol

Nick Clegg just sees it as an opportunity to get some votes back for LibDems.

That's not what it says though, is it?

It says the reduction in the country's GDP would be the equivalent of £4,300 per household after 15 years and every year thereafter. How did you end up with the wrong knowledge?

Sorry.. Yes you are correct in that it didn't state for at least 15 years. It still does not alter the fact that he lied though and just plucked the figure out of thin air.

It still does not alter the fact that he lied though and just plucked the figure out of thin air.

Really? You say the report does not go into detail on the modelling? Part 3 doesn't really being with "This Part describes how the macroeconomic modelling described in Part 2 is used to model the short-term fiscal implications of a vote to leave the EU. "?

All the detail is there. Refute the analysis if you wish but I wouldn't call it a lie.

Really? You say the report does not go into detail on the modelling? Part 3 doesn't really being with "This Part describes how the macroeconomic modelling described in Part 2 is used to model the short-term fiscal implications of a vote to leave the EU. "?

All the detail is there. Refute the analysis if you wish but I wouldn't call it a lie.

how could any one believe it, when they can not get it right year on year

Don't forget that this was drawn up by a chancellor who was in the remain camp so cherry picked the figures.

In any case a cross party group of MP's believed otherwise.

Quote from sky news:

"In the committee's report, there was also criticism of Chancellor George Osborne's assertion that Treasury analysis showed "families would be £4,300 (a year) worse off" in the event of a Leave vote.

The committee said: "This is not what the main Treasury analysis found; the average impact on household disposable incomes would be considerably smaller than this number, which refers to the impact on GDP per household.

Neither Government departments nor other spokespeople for the Remain side should repeat the mistaken assertion that household disposable income would be £4,300 lower than if we were to remain in the EU ...To persist with this claim would be to misrepresent the Treasury's own work."

So he gave a false or misleading account which is what I would call a lie!

I got it, thanks. George Osbourne misrepresented a report as being a direct impact on families and not their share of GDP.

Hopefully this will be included in #BrexitJustice. About time these fast and loose politicians were held to account.

About time these fast and loose politicians were held to account.

I think most sensible folk can agree on that. If this referendum thought us one thing it is that the people have had enough of being lied to, the exact same thing is at the core of the US elections as well.

I think most sensible folk can agree on that. If this referendum thought us one thing it is that the people have had enough of being lied to, the exact same thing is at the core of the US elections as well.

agree there

I think everyone on both sides of the brexit debate will agree on that one.