The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

It's unnecessary and costly bureaucracy but in all honesty, having no plans to ever visit Northern Ireland, I don't find the prospect of borders scary at all. Terrorists on the other hand...:sad:

When the so called father of the Euro, Otmar Issing states that its like a pack of cards and will on day collapse I tend to go with him. He further states that "the European Central Bank (ECB) is becoming dangerously over-extended and the whole euro project is unworkable in its current form." Many others have also voiced their opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/16/euro-house-of-cards-to-collapse-warns-ecb-prophet/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-30/will-euro-collapse-2017

The Euro to the dollar has also plummeted since its high in May 2014 where it was worth 1.38 to its current value of 1.05.

Have you been trawling the news for anti EU stories to bolster your position?

Have you been trawling the news for anti EU stories to bolster your position?

He's on the forum. That's what everybody does. In fact not just on the forum.

Are you planning to address the actual evidence presented?

He's on the forum. That's what everybody does. In fact not just on the forum.

Are you planning to address the actual evidence presented?

Zerohedge and the Telegraph?

Evidence?

But guess what,frexit could become a reality,but if you say the eu is ok then it will be.So the greek economy is not in trouble according to your numerous sources?

Le Pen could possibly win, that would be a concern. So would IndyRef 2 be for the UK. I don't quite understand how hard that point is to understand?

The Greek economy had an excellent third quarter last year and overall is showing encouraging signs regarding growth. Again, it isn't perfect, but the Greek economy is less than 2% of the total GDP of the Eurozone. Using that to say the Eurozone is in economic trouble is like saying the economy of Rotherham is causing Britain to be in economic trouble.

When the so called father of the Euro, Otmar Issing states that its like a pack of cards and will on day collapse I tend to go with him. He further states that "the European Central Bank (ECB) is becoming dangerously over-extended and the whole euro project is unworkable in its current form." Many others have also voiced their opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/16/euro-house-of-cards-to-collapse-warns-ecb-prophet/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-30/will-euro-collapse-2017

The Euro to the dollar has also plummeted since its high in May 2014 where it was worth 1.38 to its current value of 1.05.

Opinions are excellent - they inform potential decision makers to change. Guess what, the EU is changing.

Also, that 'plummet' you refer to? It is considerably worse for the GBP. Two standards, as I keep explaining.

I'd also like to ask - what good will it do for the UK if its biggest market collapses in a heap? It just demonstrates ignorance for Brexiteers to wish for the EU to collapse.

That's better.

I don't disagree with what he says. Realistically the Euro will survive but just not in current form. Politically and fiscally it is going to be easier to use it to integrate a strong core of maybe 8-9 countries. That is the future for it IMO.

That's better.

I don't disagree with what he says. Realistically the Euro will survive but just not in current form. Politically and fiscally it is going to be easier to use it to integrate a strong core of maybe 8-9 countries. That is the future for it IMO.

Okay. The Indy story is all but identical to the Telegraph one.

I'll leave you and tzijlstra to hold a europhile to europhile discussion of the future prospects for EMU. You clearly have a lot to discuss.

I wonder what is in it for him.

We know now that the reasons why people voted for Brexit are fake: no massive windfall savings; "sovereignty" was never with Brussels; immigration is likely to be little different; globetrotting trade deals are little more than fantasy.

Blair is concerned about how history will portray him. If he saves the country from being tricked into the Tory party's loony hard right's agenda then he judges that history will present him as a saviour.

“Our challenge is to expose relentlessly the actual cost, to show how this decision was based on imperfect knowledge which will now become informed knowledge, to calculate in ‘easy to understand’ ways how proceeding will cause real damage to the country and its citizens, and to build support for finding a way out from the present rush over the cliff’s edge,” the former Labour leader said. “I don’t know if we can succeed. But I do know we will suffer a rancorous verdict from future generations if we do not try. This is not the time for retreat, indifference or despair, but the time to rise up in defence of what we believe.”

"we have moved in a few months from a debate about what sort of Brexit, involving a balanced consideration of all the different possibilities, to the primacy of one consideration – namely controlling immigration from the EU – without any real discussion as to why and when Brexit doesn’t affect the immigration people most care about.”

He will also highlight the risks of the possible breakup of the UK and a destabilising impact on the Northern Ireland peace process.

We know now that the reasons why people voted for Brexit are fake: no massive windfall savings; "sovereignty" was never with Brussels; immigration is likely to be little different; globetrotting trade deals are little more than fantasy.

Blair is concerned about how history will portray him. If he saves the country from being tricked into the Tory party's loony hard right's agenda then he judges that history will present him as a saviour.

“Our challenge is to expose relentlessly the actual cost, to show how this decision was based on imperfect knowledge which will now become informed knowledge, to calculate in ‘easy to understand’ ways how proceeding will cause real damage to the country and its citizens, and to build support for finding a way out from the present rush over the cliff’s edge,” the former Labour leader said. “I don’t know if we can succeed. But I do know we will suffer a rancorous verdict from future generations if we do not try. This is not the time for retreat, indifference or despair, but the time to rise up in defence of what we believe.”

"we have moved in a few months from a debate about what sort of Brexit, involving a balanced consideration of all the different possibilities, to the primacy of one consideration – namely controlling immigration from the EU – without any real discussion as to why and when Brexit doesn’t affect the immigration people most care about.”

He will also highlight the risks of the possible breakup of the UK and a destabilising impact on the Northern Ireland peace process.

Bit of a statement who are we?