The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

As you know we've got very different takes on if that (tight) result was the result of an honest campaign, and, in fact, what the voters were voting for.

I`m also interested to know if the support for Brexit remains at its present level * (hasn`t it started to drop already ? ) if and when the full price starts coming through. I wonder if any workers at Toyota Burnaston have changed their minds.....

* If it has it proves to me there are many voters out there who don`t think very hard (or they read the Mail or Express, which amounts to the same thing....). For those who actually think about it I`d have thought Trump`s Presidency should make those who weren`t hard core Brexiteers waver I`d have thought.

Are you saying the remain campaign was run with total honesty?

I have no choice regarding immigration queues.

Yes you do - you can get in the other queue any time.

I'm a subject of the EU government. They have the right to make laws and impose them on me. I don't want to be. I'm in the majority.

37% does not make you in the majority!!!

It was 52%. You don't get to claim the abstentions for your side.

And yes it damn well does!!!

Are you saying the remain campaign was run with total honesty?

More so, yes, significantly more, apart from Osbornes ridiculous emergency budget (which nobody believed anyway).

Is there some scheme laid out, even conceived, where Obelix can keep EU citizenship and I can be rid myself of all EU control (unless I choose to trade with or travel to the EU).

If there is and I'm missing it, then that would be awesome.

---------- Post added 10-03-2017 at 17:53 ----------

More so, yes, significantly more, apart from Osbornes ridiculous emergency budget (which nobody believed anyway).

I find that quite laughable. In fact I would say ROTFLMAO.

The club is closing get used to it.

That`s just the problem, me, and millions of others, to varying degrees I admit, will not get over it. My position, and I suspect many others, is in my signature.

Yes you do - you can get in the other queue any time.

Only about 35 percent voted to remain. So a clear majority to leave then.

I find that quite laughable. In fact I would say ROTFLMAO.

I don`t see how you can say whether the Remain campaign was or was not misleading, for the very simple reason that we haven`t actually left the EU yet. On the other hand it`s interesting, is it not, how many of the Leave "promises" are already being revised, or dropped completely. Don`t get me wrong, you may (or more likely may not) be right in the end, but we`ll see what is going on over the next two years shall we ?

That`s just the problem, me, and millions of others, to varying degrees I admit, will not get over it. My position, and I suspect many others, is in my signature.

You'll get over it, you probably need to change your signature to 'confused'.

I don`t see how you can say whether the Remain campaign was or was not misleading, for the very simple reason that we haven`t actually left the EU yet. On the other hand it`s interesting, is it not, how many of the Leave "promises" are already being revised, or dropped completely. Don`t get me wrong, you may (or more likely may not) be right in the end, but we`ll see what is going on over the next two years shall we ?

It's perfectly simple. It's been explained passim in this thread.

The remain campaign made predictions for immediately after the decision to leave was made. These predictions were profoundly wrong, as leave rightly pointed out they were beforehand.

Both sides agreed that the uncertainly would cause a drop in the value of Sterling, so remain don't get any points for that.

Their other predictions were so extreme and ridiculous that it is not plausible to suppose that they believed them. Therefore they lied.

Edited by unbeliever

It's perfectly simple. It's been explained passim in this thread.

The remain campaign made predictions for immediately after the decision to leave was made. These predictions were profoundly wrong, as leave rightly pointed out they were beforehand.

Both sides agreed that the uncertainly would cause a drop in the value of Sterling, so remain don't get any points for that.

Their other predictions were so extreme and ridiculous that it is not plausible to suppose that they believed them. Therefore they lied.

predictions arent lies, come on, they are predictions, they havent happened yet

The remain campaign was full of lies, the remainers need to look OK in the mirror= http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-ellery/leave-lies-remainers-need_b_12191462.html