The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

If Britons are being refused jobs in the EU due to brexit then maybe it's time we did the same to EU citizens= http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/777108/immigrant-forced-to-leave-france-woolwich-brexit

I don't like this idea. A business in Europe treats a UK citizen badly so an unrelated business in the UK treats an unrelated EU citizen badly?

There's no justice in that.

Edited by unbeliever

If Britons are being refused jobs in the EU due to brexit then maybe it's time we did the same to EU citizens= http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/777108/immigrant-forced-to-leave-france-woolwich-brexit

Sad the poster who demands tolerance in previous posts.

Its a small step from EU Citizen to "muslim and proud" in that forest

Edited by Guest

I'll lay odds most brexiters want precisely that though.

Yes, to your last point at least!
Well the irrefutability of your argument certainly convinced me here! :hihi:

On the rest: no, unless the EU regulations mentioned are incorporated into UK law. Once they aren't, they're irrelevant.
Remind me again, what is May's plan with that "Great Repeal Bill"?

Did I just hear you say "Ooops"?

---------- Post added 09-03-2017 at 21:51 ----------

Please do, the sooner the better :)

Read between the lines in that article. What is not said is more meaningful than the tripe spieled out for the UKIPers.

How is that good for our companies if they are better qualified than our own workers in certain situations. I would never hire a British worker if it risked my company's performance.

How is that good for our companies if they are better qualified than our own workers in certain situations. I would never hire a British worker if it risked my company's performance.
Don't bite the hype, that story has more holes in it than a good Gruyère.

The two biggest lies, or at least gross distortions of the Leave referendum campaign were the NHS`s £350 million a week, and the often quoted reply to "won`t our European trade suffer if we leave the EU". Their frequently repeated line was, more or less :

"They sell more to us than we sell to them so we`ll get a good deal (implying as good) as we`ve got now, that`s just common sense"

They kept at this line, in fact still are peddling it, despite everyone else saying that wouldn`t happen.

Now, why I`ve brought this up now is it`s all about to kick off, and what I, and most other Europhiles, do not want to happen is for the Brexiteers to come up with something like this :

"The EU not giving us a good deal is illogical so we could not have foreseen it"

We can`t control what Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage says, but I think we`d like the Sheffield Forum Brexiteers to at least promise they won`t come up with some similar, totally bogus, line.

So come on Unbeliever, Nigel Fargate, Apelike, Gamston et al, are you prepared to make such an undertaking ?

Incidentally, the workers at Toyota Burnaston must be a bit nervous, what with Toyota saying they will delay taking a decision on the new model for that plant. Some would say it serves them right, 57% in Derby voted to leave, though I do wonder what the vote was amongst Burnaston workers..... Still, the Leave campaign said it`d be fine, so they don`t need to worry do they ?

Edited by Justin Smith

The two biggest lies, or at least gross distortions of the Leave referendum campaign were the NHS`s £350 million a week, and the often quoted reply to "won`t our European trade suffer if we leave the EU". Their frequently repeated line was, more or less :

"They sell more to us than we sell to them so we`ll get a good deal (implying as good) as we`ve got now, that`s just common sense"

They kept at this line, in fact still are peddling it, despite everyone else saying that wouldn`t happen.

Now, why I`ve brought this up now is it`s all about to kick off, and what I, and most other Europhiles, do not want to happen is for the Brexiteers to come up with something like this :

"The EU not giving us a good deal is illogical so we could not have foreseen it"

We can`t control what Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage says, but I think we`d like the Sheffield Forum Brexiteers to at least promise they won`t come up with some similar, totally bogus, line.

So come on Unbeliever, Nigel Fargate, Apelike, Gamston et al, are you prepared to make such an undertaking ?

Incidentally, the workers at Toyota Burnaston must be a bit nervous, what with Toyota saying they will delay taking a decision on the new model for that plant

This is a bit all over the place, but I think I get the gist.

No I can't guarantee that the EU will give us a good deal. I'm confident, but no promises. They'd be stupid not to for all the reasons you allude to but if the EU was well run I doubt we'd have left.

What I am confident of is that the UK will do well either way.