The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

And theres that disdain again without a shred of actual evidence to back it up....

Well most of the so called Experts have been wrong so far...many of them actually admitting it.

So if we aren't going to believe experts anymore, then who are we to believe? Unless you are suggesting we believe no one at all and then that's a strange world.

So if we aren't going to believe experts anymore, then who are we to believe? Unless you are suggesting we believe no one at all and then that's a strange world.
You're not seeing the plan to save the NHS being played out, kate ;)

(the alternative to expert healthcare is self-medication, and as we all know by now, Facebook and Tw@tter are the only reliable sources of information for expert-disbelievers...I for one am quite looking forward to the Darwin Awards in the coming years :twisted::hihi:)

The EU isn't any more scared of the UK leaving, than the UK is of leaving the EU. Witness May's savaging in EU capitals after her recent and crass divide-and-conquer attempts.

I'm not so sure, just read the link from the Telegraph that mafya posted.

Juncker is just window-dressing, matching the Leavers' rethoric like for like.

He's telling the UK that the EU will look after its own interests (entirely unsurprisingly) whereby the UK won't be "getting its cake and eating it": the UK will get what it manages to negotiate, and shouldn't expect any free meals.

But we basically already know that and as he will be a chief negotiator (I think) shouldn't he keep quiet, after all we will be triggering A50 regardless. One thing we should not be contributing to once we have left is money towards EU officials pensions.

The word "experts" in the context of Brexit and politics in general is being used by Brexiters ironically/sarcastically. Of course they don't literally dismiss experts in general; I'd trust the experts to fix my car or remove my appendix for instance.

But you knew this already of course. ;)

I suppose David Davis' speech about needing immigration has been brought up yet?

It is nice to be demonstrated right even by hard line Tory Brexiteers that run the place now.

The word "experts" in the context of Brexit and politics in general is being used by Brexiters ironically/sarcastically. Of course they don't literally dismiss experts in general; I'd trust the experts to fix my car or remove my appendix for instance.

But you knew this already of course. ;)

So if everything they do is 'ironic', we take it that weren't serious when they voted to leave the EU.

Mind you, with Farage as a leader it is not surprising.

He was the one who was only joking when he promised 350 million a week to the NHS wasn't he?

What a wag, they ought to give him his own radio show.

I'm not so sure, just read the link from the Telegraph that mafya posted.
I saw it. I've seen other articles in the Continental media which say the exact contrary.

So I form my own opinion on the matter, rather than swallow everything the Torygraph prints as gospel.

Fair enough?

But we basically already know that and as he will be a chief negotiator (I think) shouldn't he keep quiet, after all we will be triggering A50 regardless.
Juncker is not. Barnier is.

Juncker is a politician, of course he's not going to keep quiet. No more than Farage or May or <other Brit figureheads not involved in actual negotiations> is going to keep quiet.

But Barnier...now Barnier, he's a mean mofo technocrat. With international agreement negotiating experience like you wouldn't believe (and like there isn't in Whitehall, by a looong stretch). That's why the EU picked him.

The Brit side will appeal to "principles" and "moral" and "fairness" of the EU letting them have their cake and eating it.

Barnier will shrug and point them to the contractual fine print, then ask them politely to come to their sense and try again.

Juncker might add an extra layer of Schadenfreude on top, to rub a shovel full of salt in the wound. He's a bit insensitive like that.

Couldn't have happened to nicer people than Leavers, Davis and Fox :D

One thing we should not be contributing to once we have left is money towards EU officials pensions.
So, people worked for the UK at the EU for 40 years, and British people worked for the EU for 40 years, and the UK washes its hands off the corresponding pension commitment, just like that?

That reminds me of an article which I read not so long ago, about Brits holidaying in Spain and having a great time last year, but then developing stomach upsets and complaining to claim companies en masse (+700% complaints year on year!) once they get home. Mysteriously, only Brits got sick, not the equally-numerous Germans, Dutch, Portuguese, Belgians <etc> holidaying in the same hotels and resorts at the same time.

That little swindle pushed by claim companies (the same ones which cost the NHS £418m last year), cost the Spanish hotels and resorts on the Costa Blanca €60m last year, and to say they're <removed> about it is an extremely mild understatement. Now if you're reading this and planning on pulling the same trick this year (and we've all heard the radio adverts by claim companies, haven't we? ;)), you'd better double-read the fine print on you travel insurance and make sure you've got legal cover. Spanish prisons are just as miserable as British ones.

Barnier will get the EU pensions commitment from the UK just fine. Unless the UK wishes to become known as a liability dodger, shortly before embarking on trying to get free trade agreements with the world and its dog? :D

Edited by Groose
masked swearing

So if everything they do is 'ironic', we take it that weren't serious when they voted to leave the EU.

He was the one who was only joking when he promised 350 million a week to the NHS wasn't he?

Where do you get EVERYTHING they do is ironic? I don't think that's what I said.

Where do you get EVERYTHING they do is ironic? I don't think that's what I said.

How are we to tell when the brexiters are being ironic?

It is easy to tell when they are lying, their lips move.

But irony requires intellect, which is in short supply among the brexiters as far as is evident.

Mr Farage was on Loose Women a couple of weeks ago and it was announced that possibly a film was to be made about him.

Mr Farage was on Loose Women a couple of weeks ago and it was announced that possibly a film was to be made about him.

I have heard it is to be a remake of 'The Frog King', but instead of turning into a prince, it becomes Donald Trump.

To be made by Hammer House of Horror I understand . :evil: