The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Indyref2 is not a threat to the UK, for two reasons:

firstly, if another referendum was to be held, the result is very likely to be the same as the previous one, not least that from an economic perspective, the Scots would be a lot worse off than they are inside the UK (there is currently no plausible economic case for an independent Scotland, regardless of what the SNP says);

secondly, even if Scotland were to opt for independence, it would hardly make a massive dent in the economy of the UK - indeed, the rest of the UK would be better off, because it would no longer have to subsidise the land of kilts, bagpipes and Irn Bru.

That same principle applies to the 'threat' to the EU.

That same principle applies to the 'threat' to the EU.

Do you think that the project has to keep moving forward in order to stay alive? Like a shark. ;)

I really don't. I think they should dismantle the single currency and just revert the entire project to its pre-1992 (Maastrict) state.

Do you think that the project has to keep moving forward in order to stay alive? Like a shark. ;)

I really don't. I think they should dismantle the single currency and just revert the entire project to its pre-1992 (Maastrict) state.

Go the whole hog, and revert to 1942.

Then you can stand on the White Cliffs of Dover, shake your fist across the water, and shout 'Damn you All, little Johnny shall go to sleep in his own little room again';)

Go the whole hog, and revert to 1942.

Then you can stand on the White Cliffs of Dover, shake your fist across the water, and shout 'Damn you All, little Johnny shall go to sleep in his own little room again';)

have you considered cutting down the caffeine?

I'm actually trying to save the EU. Whether or not they have a single currency will have no direct effect on the UK as we'll be long gone from the union.

I suggest abandoning the single currency because I think that's best for the EU long-term.

I'm actually trying to save the EU. Whether or not they have a single currency will have no direct effect on the UK as we'll be long gone from the union.

I suggest abandoning the single currency because I think that's best for the EU long-term.

Opinions from a non-expert - brilliant just what is needed here to stimulate a fact based discussion.

;-)

You are one of a minority plus you are not actually in the single currency zone ;)

You are one of a minority plus you are not actually in the single currency zone ;)

No, but I offer my opinion on the matter anyway.

I'm not suggesting I should have a vote on it.

I check all the time, numerous sources, preferably primary sources. The simple fact is that the EU is not failing. It is facing challenges for sure, but guess what - the UK is facing far greater challenges.

But guess what,frexit could become a reality,but if you say the eu is ok then it will be.So the greek economy is not in trouble according to your numerous sources?

The real worry may shift to Italy which is rapidly approaching insolvency and far to big for a bailout.

The real worry may shift to Italy which is rapidly approaching insolvency and far to big for a bailout.

How can that be? word has it that the eu as a whole has a growing economy.

When the so called father of the Euro, Otmar Issing states that its like a pack of cards and will on day collapse I tend to go with him. He further states that "the European Central Bank (ECB) is becoming dangerously over-extended and the whole euro project is unworkable in its current form." Many others have also voiced their opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/16/euro-house-of-cards-to-collapse-warns-ecb-prophet/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-30/will-euro-collapse-2017

The Euro to the dollar has also plummeted since its high in May 2014 where it was worth 1.38 to its current value of 1.05.

How can that be? word has it that the eu as a whole has a growing economy.

It's not hard to grow by borrowing.