The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

It could have been avoided imo, but they didnt take it seriously. Immigration has been a hot topic and one that was difficult to appreciate in the rest of the EU because they werent experiencing it at the same level. People have accepted we are leaving. I hope both sides get some common sense and hammer out something that is workable, neither side will get all they want. They will both declare victory etc usual politician stuff.

These are the areas for negotiation. Its really the first two.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38836906

I think the UK will try and continue a normal relationship with the developed western members plus the scandinavians.

Let me just explain the meaning free movement.

Freedom of movement in the EU. I can go anywhere in the EU, do what I like, stay where I like, this we call tourism.

Now we have free movement of labour. This means if I was to come to belgium and wanted to be a citizen of this country I would have to show a contract of employment before I can register, i receave a temporary residents card valid for 1 year. Then after a year this becomes permanent and after the year you start being entitled to some benefits.

The general rule being you have to pay into the system first before you benefit.

It is the liberal system in the Uk which caused the influx. I think it was done on purpose to bring down the wages and I think I am correct in saying Mrs May was in charge of the home office.

I think that a good trade deal will be done, it is in everybody's interest, it much depends on what is acheaved on the free movement of labour. I think the immigration problem is more the making of the UK than the EU. It says nowhere in EU law you have to give anybody a house, a benefit etc, straight away as soon as they enter the country.

Theres no point having a discussion about an article you are too lazy to read.

Still not able to answer a really simple question.let's try this one,if the experts on the UK prospects after the Brexit vote have been proved so wrong,why would anybody believe the experts about this one?

Still not able to answer a really simple question.let's try this one,if the experts on the UK prospects after the Brexit vote have been proved so wrong,why would anybody believe the experts about this one?

Because your laziness and ignorance offends me. I dont see why I should have to explain whats in the article if you are too scared or lazy to read it yourself. Not knowing what the article contains but then forming an opinion on it continues to have you down as a fool.

If your point is you cnat believe experts, then why losten to anyone about anything be that a Dr , lawyer or any other profession.

---------- Post added 03-02-2017 at 21:08 ----------

Let me just explain the meaning free movement.

Freedom of movement in the EU. I can go anywhere in the EU, do what I like, stay where I like, this we call tourism.

Now we have free movement of labour. This means if I was to come to belgium and wanted to be a citizen of this country I would have to show a contract of employment before I can register, i receave a temporary residents card valid for 1 year. Then after a year this becomes permanent and after the year you start being entitled to some benefits.

The general rule being you have to pay into the system first before you benefit.

It is the liberal system in the Uk which caused the influx. I think it was done on purpose to bring down the wages and I think I am correct in saying Mrs May was in charge of the home office.

I think that a good trade deal will be done, it is in everybody's interest, it much depends on what is acheaved on the free movement of labour. I think the immigration problem is more the making of the UK than the EU. It says nowhere in EU law you have to give anybody a house, a benefit etc, straight away as soon as they enter the country.

Doesnt work like that here. i suspect what will happen in future is that people will be allowed to come to the UK only if they have an offer of employment and a quota system.

they dont get a house and benefits as soon as they enter the UK. They do have to be given the same rights as UK citizens by being treated equally after a certain time.

Except in this case it was about an article the person refuses to read, but they feel able to comment on. Have you read it?

Read it a fortnight ago. This article is also not the only place this discussion has arisen.

Because your laziness and ignorance offends me. I dont see why I should have to explain whats in the article if you are too scared or lazy to read it yourself. Not knowing what the article contains but then forming an opinion on it continues to have you down as a fool.

If your point is you cnat believe experts, then why losten to anyone about anything be that a Dr , lawyer or any other profession.

Oh dear,I do apologise for offending you,we are talking about economic experts here,not doctors,lawyers or any other profession,but I hope you didn't waste your time wading through all the pre Brexit expert reports that proved themselves more useful as chip shop wrapping paper.

Doesnt work like that here. i suspect what will happen in future is that people will be allowed to come to the UK only if they have an offer of employment and a quota system.

they dont get a house and benefits as soon as they enter the UK. They do have to be given the same rights as UK citizens by being treated equally after a certain time.

For me personnaly I have done business here before the borders openend.

When the euro was introduced and the schengen zone started round 93.

The savings in not having to exchange money and no more customs documents was enormous, I would not like to go back to the old system.

The EU won't collapse like a lot of the english newspapers would like you to beleave, because the trade benefits are far to great.

There will be a lot of company's in trouble, one example is metal box. Production facilities in the north of England, distribution is done via Holland.

If a bad trade deal is done they will suffer, and there are many of these companys.

Read it a fortnight ago. This article is also not the only place this discussion has arisen.

Is there anything controversial in it? Can you explain why cgalga refuses to read it but believe they know what it contains?

She is a remainer. She campaigned for remain. She has simply accepted our decision.

This was always a concern, but the leave side generally argued that pragmatism will likely win through.

Teresa May was a remainer but she didn't campaign, sort of a reluctant remainer.

For me personnaly I have done business here before the borders openend.

When the euro was introduced and the schengen zone started round 93.

The savings in not having to exchange money and no more customs documents was enormous, I would not like to go back to the old system.

The EU won't collapse like a lot of the english newspapers would like you to beleave, because the trade benefits are far to great.

There will be a lot of company's in trouble, one example is metal box. Production facilities in the north of England, distribution is done via Holland.

If a bad trade deal is done they will suffer, and there are many of these companys.

I dont think it will collpase, although there are a significant group who hate the EU. Lots of people dont realise the actual integration and how complex extrication will be. they also dont care if other businesses lose money becayse they dont believe it affects them.

the irony is that a lot of EU members will be voting and objecting, but very little business is done with them. they still get a full vote and hey like to use that influence. Without the UKs contribution then they are going to have to get used to less or contributors will need to pay more. there is talk of penalising the UK with a liabilities fee of many billions £.

I suspect this may be the case.

All we read in the xenophobic UK press is how much the EU hate the British and what a terrible Prime Minister that Mr Merkel is.

Yet in actual fact, Mr Merkel is highly regarded by Germanese business leaders and they think Our Nige' is an annoying prat.

we have to let things take its cource.

and suffer the outcome

I suspect this may be the case.

All we read in the xenophobic UK press is how much the EU hate the British and what a terrible Prime Minister that Mr Merkel is.

Yet in actual fact, Mr Merkel is highly regarded by Germanese business leaders and they think Our Nige' is an annoying prat.

What's done is done, Nige will be ok, he'll apply for EU citizenship through his German wife, and he won't bat an eyelid, like his ignorant bessie Don.