The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Immigration was not the only reason people voted to leave.

Personally I was fed up of hearing over rhe years that we couldn't do things because of EU regulations.

Yes, that excuse will not be able to be used after 2019.

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 12:50 ----------

So what question should be asked in a referendum?

‘Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?’

‘Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?’

Perhaps if it was asked again at the next general election, it wouldnt be an anti-Government vote?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 12:56 ----------

What harm could it do?

Perhaps if it was asked again at the next general election, it wouldnt be an anti-Government vote?

What harm could it do?

The decision has already been made. What on earth do you think all those people were doing on June 23rd, when they visited their local polling station ?

yup we'll all be poor losers when it all kicks in, and those with not much will lose most

I think you will find its the opposite in that those who have little will lose less. The main people moaning about Brexit are not those without but those with as its them that will lose the most. I don't see many poor people moaning and yet according to many it was mainly the poor uneducated that voted leave.

I think you will find its the opposite in that those who have little will lose less. The main people moaning about Brexit are not those without but those with as its them that will lose the most. I don't see many poor people moaning and yet according to many it was mainly the poor uneducated that voted leave.

I disagree, when i mentioned the poor losing most, i meant it as in

prices rise

rents rise

taxes rise

etc etc

the poor are the ones that are only just bobbing above water, take miself, im only just bobbing above water, wage aint going up anytime soon, apart from the odd minimum wage rise, but as everything else goes up that doesnt really help by much. further increases in prices, taxes etc and im going to start to be smothered.

As for your other point, i know plenty of folks round here that voted out precisely for the immigration and Anti EU hysteria and tbh most of em are in the same boat as me, if not worse. i know one neighbour shes very anti immigrant, none in the family work, the local post office has just closed and she finds it harder (not driving) to get to another village to go to the post office for money)

Like on here they view immigrants as taking our jobs, cash, NHS etc etc etc just like during other times of hardship, turn to the scare tactics of the right and blame others for their own woes.

The decision has already been made. What on earth do you think all those people were doing on June 23rd, when they visited their local polling station ?

Many have asked them what they voted for, and what Brexit means, its a pile of different stuff.

If we still have major immigration, will they still vote leave?

What harm could it do?

I remember there being people that were anti EU but also anti Tory, they voted remain despite wanting to leave the EU because they didn't trust the Tory. If Labour had been in power they would have voted leave.

Why do you think that ?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 11:51 ----------

I have great hopes for Theresa May as a thoughtful leader that will not jump into making knee jerk decisions.

I also appreciate that there is a legion of advisors and committees that influence politicians.

I must admit that no previous leaders name immediately springs to mind.

Who would be your choice ?

None of them. They nearly all at the behest of big business, thatcher laid waste to great swathes of industrial heartlans, tony blair then alienated them (oh and illegal wars). Gordon Brown had the chance to reform the banking sector and blew it. All of them took us further into europe with little or no consultation. EU was a saftey net for workers rights and the environment. Thats all going.

So you think all those who voted to leave wanted to plunge the country into disaster ?

Try optimism and confidence in our elected leaders instead pessimism.

A lot of Leavers were willing to pay a price to keep the so called foreigners out. Hilariously though it is going to backfire spectacularly when they end up significantly poorer as a result.

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 14:34 ----------

But, but,but,

"The 'Brexit dividend' DOES exist: Britain to benefit from extra £32BILLION when it leaves the EU and stops sending cash to Brussels

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3969844/The-Brexit-dividend-DOES-exist-Britain-set-benefit-extra-32bn-leaves-EU-Gove-MPs-demanding-money-poured-NHS.html#ixzz4R1AQND6v

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. We will save £32bn in terms of not sending the money to Brussels. But our LOSS due to Brexit is £58.7bn over the same period. So we have a net loss of £26.7bn. Good job!

So you think all those who voted to leave wanted to plunge the country into disaster ?

Try optimism and confidence in our elected leaders instead pessimism.

I don't think they wanted to, I just think that they were mislead into doing so.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. We will save £32bn in terms of not sending the money to Brussels. But our LOSS due to Brexit is £58.7bn over the same period. So we have a net loss of £26.7bn. Good job!

I think the £58.7bn takes into account any reduction in money going to EU - i.e. the net loss is £58.7bn.

We cannot say that the entire EU contribution will stop because it won't. E.g. we will remain a member of Europol and this has a cost.

Have you not noticed that one week all the news is full how well we are going to do from Brexit stories then the following week when sales have dropped we get all the gloom and doom.

It's like we have all turned in to Pte Frazier " we're doomed! Doomed I tell you "

I can't remember a week of good news since the referendum result was announced.

The pound has consistently fallen, business and banks keep telling the government they will leave, only massive bribery kept a nissan factory located in the UK, inflation has shot up, economic forecasts are down, all the lies of the leave camp have been exposed, and trump won the US election.

Short of Russia invading Poland, how much worse could it get?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 14:44 ----------

I would answer in a general rather than specific way.

Although we criticise and do not always agree with our elected leaders I am optimistic enough to think they do what they believe is best for the country.

Naeve enough I think.

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 14:46 ----------

Immigration was not the only reason people voted to leave.

Personally I was fed up of hearing over rhe years that we couldn't do things because of EU regulations.

Gah, it's like the propaganda has sunk so deep that you can't get over it. :huh:

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 14:49 ----------

I think you will find its the opposite in that those who have little will lose less.

No, they really won't.

Those who have little will end up below the poverty line.

Those who are comfortable will weather the storm.

The main people moaning about Brexit are not those without but those with as its them that will lose the most. I don't see many poor people moaning and yet according to many it was mainly the poor uneducated that voted leave.

I won't lose out massively, my industry is booming, I have no debt and I could go and work anywhere in the world irregardless of free movement. I'll be fine.

But the poorest people will not be fine, and the country as a whole will suffer. There's a reason that the more highly educated someone was the more likely they were to vote remain, not for selfish reasons as the more highly educated will be okay, it was because it was the better option.