US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

absolute brilliant!!!!

Trump wins US election

Brexit wins in uk

At last boring polititians who have done bugger all in my 47 years are being overlooked by the general public.

whatever people on here may think--A WINNING VOTE MEANS MORE PEOPLE HAVE VOTED FOR THE WINNING CHOICE

so that says something about how the general public are fed up with the lying leaders of their respective countries.

and the best thing is that Trump will do his best to make sure his peoples wishes are granted

With regards to trump, what have you seen or read that makes you think he won't be as duplicitous in his presidential life as he has been in a large chunk of his business affairs? He's had a career of saying one thing and doing another.

absolute brilliant!!!!

Trump wins US election

Brexit wins in uk

At last boring polititians who have done bugger all in my 47 years are being overlooked by the general public.

whatever people on here may think--A WINNING VOTE MEANS MORE PEOPLE HAVE VOTED FOR THE WINNING CHOICE

so that says something about how the general public are fed up with the lying leaders of their respective countries.

and the best thing is that Trump will do his best to make sure his peoples wishes are granted

When has that happened here , alas , Trump won the electoral collage but Clinton won the popular vote by a small margin. Still good on Trump.

When has that happened here , alas , Trump won the electoral collage but Clinton won the popular vote by a small margin. Still good on Trump.

Only the fifth time in US history it's happened. And the margin is very small. Still, the added emphasis in Doberman's post makes that the fact that its actually wrong more amusing.

Indeed, good on him. He could surprise a lot of people. And if it all goes to pot it won't be the tearful mega rich celebrities who suffer (I wish they'd grow up frankly) it will be the people who voted for him.

An interesting 4 years ahead!

Indeed, good on him. He could surprise a lot of people. And if it all goes to pot it won't be the tearful mega rich celebrities who suffer (I wish they'd grow up frankly) it will be the people who voted for him.

I was thinking about this. If he performs terribly he'll lose the mid terms and become a lame duck. Isn't it normal for presidents to lose the mid terms anyway? And they spend a whole year farting about in preparation for the election. He might only actually be in charge for two years.

Good luck to him. I think despite his obvious flaws he's less of a maniac than Cruz.

It was like brexit ,nothing to lose if you havent got anything anyway.

Did they consult the people of Poland for an election prediction, or was it a collection of long straight sticks?

every time ive heard predictions on TV Ive thought that. my bad polls poles lol

Edited by phil752

One advantage Trump will have that Obama didnt have is that he will have no trouble getting anything through the senate with the republicans controlling it.

One advantage Trump will have that Obama didnt have is that he will have no trouble getting anything through the senate with the republicans controlling it.

Perhaps. But he's hardly popular with them. He's more like an independant really. He upset both sides.

Perhaps. But he's hardly popular with them. He's more like an independant really. He upset both sides.

Indeed, didn't have a big fallout with either the head of the senate or House of Representatives (I can't remember which) over grope-gate?

Indeed, didn't have a big fallout with either the head of the senate or House of Representatives (I can't remember which) over grope-gate?

Paul Ryan?

I was thinking about this. If he performs terribly he'll lose the mid terms and become a lame duck. Isn't it normal for presidents to lose the mid terms anyway? And they spend a whole year farting about in preparation for the election. He might only actually be in charge for two years.

Good luck to him. I think despite his obvious flaws he's less of a maniac than Cruz.

You've that last line dead right. He was an ultra right wing nutbag. He might have had a slick presentation but his policies were frightening.