US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

Michelle Obama has also been mentioned as a possibility.
She would be a great choice. In 8 years of their presidency, not one hint of improper conduct has ever fallen on this fine family, due as much to Michelle as to Barak or their daughters. If he has not succeeded in all he tried to achieve it is mostly due to a Congress who voted down every attempt, though it was unable to offer any alternative.

While my wife and I voted for Hillary, all our immediate family voted for Trump. This is not a family of fools. They are Professionals with good occupations who have grown tired of government deadlock over many years with reduced opportunites for their kids, and do not see it with the Clintons. I mention to them that Trump's aversion to immigrants goes against their mother and I, who are both immigrants, as are most voters separated by a generation or more.

Edited by buck

She would be a great choice. In 8 years of their presidency, not one hint of improper conduct has ever fallen on this fine family, due as much to Michelle as to Barak or their daughters. If he has not succeeded in all he tried to achieve it is mostly due to a Congress who voted down every attempt, though it was unable to offer any alternative.

While my wife and I voted for Hillary, all our immediate family voted for Trump. This is not a family of fools. They are Professionals with good occupations who have grown tired of government deadlock over many years with reduced opportunites for their kids, and do not see it with the Clintons. I mention to them that Trump's aversion to immigrants goes against their mother and I, who are both immigrants, as are most voters separated by a generation or more.

why would she be a good choice just because she's a good egg

Already answered further up the thread. God I do love SF, rather than look at an entire post and think well actually perhaps that's a valid point even if I don't agree fully (like a rational human being) we just focus on cheap point scoring.

It wasn't in the Simpson's but if you want to believe that that's up to you. So both of us are equally poor at fact checking aren't we. Oh the irony.

Well I didn't have to check the facts as the program was aired on the run up to the elections.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/simpsons-predicted-trump-presidency-back-2000-213536915.html

Oh the irony.

So if the predictions are correct the next president after Trump should be Lisa Simpson.

Edited by lizmachin

Well I didn't have to check the facts as the program was aired on the run up to the elections.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/simpsons-predicted-trump-presidency-back-2000-213536915.html

Oh the irony.

So if the predictions are correct the next president after Trump should be Lisa Simpson.

There was an episode of the Simpson's where Trump was President yes, but I'm not sure that is what the poster was disputing.

They were disputing that the quote where he said he would win an election by standing as a Republican as they believe anything they hear on Fox News was from the Simpsons. I'm not sure that was.

The quote is completely fake however, I just don't think it stemmed from the Simpsons.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/trump-fake-quote-people-magazine?utm_term=.vfWWYk652#.iwb1gwbRM

---------- Post added 10-11-2016 at 17:15 ----------

Were you part of Ched Evans' defence team?

I don't know, I wasn't in the locker room with Donald Trump at the time. I'm only going on what he was quoted as saying.

You claimed "if they let you do it" then by definition it is consensual.

Do you now agree that there are instances, like the one I mentioned, where simply 'letting' somebody grope you (or worse) does not necessarily mean it was consensual?

I don't think 'but she let me m'lord' would necessarily stand up well in court.

Oh the irony.

Erm...what?

Added: As Robin-H says.

Yet another thread on SF becomes tideous when it could have been interesting. 10/10 for effort once more.

I see on the news that the streets are full of hateful and intolerant people protesting that Trump will cause a rise in hate and intolerance.

I see on the news that the streets are full of hateful and intolerant people protesting that Trump will cause a rise in hate and intolerance.

Yes the irony is breathtaking.

I don't think the occasional cheeky consensual grope can really be classed as sexual abuse. Stop exaggerating.

Didn't seem to bother the American voters, just seen on CNN that the secret votes Trump got was the American white female he got 53% of their vote. Which was not predicted by the poles

Didn't seem to bother the American voters, just seen on CNN that the secret votes Trump got was the American white female he got 53% of their vote. Which was not predicted by the poles

Did they consult the people of Poland for an election prediction, or was it a collection of long straight sticks?

why would she be a good choice just because she's a good egg
She also happens to be articulate, clever, and very likesble. She also clearly loves her country.

absolute brilliant!!!!

Trump wins US election

Brexit wins in uk

At last boring polititians who have done bugger all in my 47 years are being overlooked by the general public.

whatever people on here may think--A WINNING VOTE MEANS MORE PEOPLE HAVE VOTED FOR THE WINNING CHOICE

so that says something about how the general public are fed up with the lying leaders of their respective countries.

and the best thing is that Trump will do his best to make sure his peoples wishes are granted

absolute brilliant!!!!

Trump wins US election

Brexit wins in uk

At last boring polititians who have done bugger all in my 47 years are being overlooked by the general public.

whatever people on here may think--A WINNING VOTE MEANS MORE PEOPLE HAVE VOTED FOR THE WINNING CHOICE

so that says something about how the general public are fed up with the lying leaders of their respective countries.

and the best thing is that Trump will do his best to make sure his peoples wishes are granted

Your bit in capitals is wrong, ironically. It looks like Hillary won the popular vote. That means more people voted for her than Trump.