US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

My guess is about 75% chance of Clinton winning. That equates to I think she will, but its much much closer because of the FBI intervention.

He needs to win Nevada North Carolina, Florida and one other. I think he will get Arizona, Ohio, Iowa, Georgia

I think there's more chance of Donald Duck winning Florida than trump. The rest, I'm don't know enough about to comment on.

I think there's more chance of Donald Duck winning Florida than trump. The rest, I'm don't know enough about to comment on.

i remember going to bed certain we would be staying in the EU :|

But there only needs to be a few "hanging chads" or the odd electoral college Democrat who supported Bernie to vote for Trump out of, I don't know, angst, annoyance, arsiness?

What a crock of a system when they don't even bother to count the votes.

The polls looks pretty close TF. its about whether the recovery post comey cna carry on and she can get out her vote. U'd have expected with the high etnic community, especially hispanics, then she would win it, but her ratings nosedived following the reinvestigation. Is she won Florida, then I think its pretty much over. Will wait and see though if the pollsters have it right or its a syprise Trump win. I dont think so, but wait and see.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 23:48 ----------

Where Clinton will win the election is with two main segments, firstly college educated women especially college-educated white women who normally vote Republican but won't vote for Trump and instead will vote for Clinton. But it's Latinos that will be the main driver of Clinton victory. Their turnout will increase massively and will deliver Florida to Clinton. And if Trump doesn't get Florida, he's toast.

The only wall this election has built is the one built by especially those two groups, but all minorities really - everyone who isn't white working class - to keep Trump out of the White House. This election will realyn America for a generation and will in future be seen as the white working class's last hurrah and as the time when minorities and especially Latinos emerged as a really formidable political force.

Pretty good post. Agree with all of it. the last bit is particulalrly on topic in that the face of US politics and elections is making a powerful change.

Where Clinton will win the election is with two main segments, firstly college educated women especially college-educated white women who normally vote Republican but won't vote for Trump and instead will vote for Clinton. But it's Latinos that will be the main driver of Clinton victory. Their turnout will increase massively and will deliver Florida to Clinton. And if Trump doesn't get Florida, he's toast.

The only wall this election has built is the one built by especially those two groups, but all minorities really - everyone who isn't white working class - to keep Trump out of the White House. This election will realyn America for a generation and will in future be seen as the white working class's last hurrah and as the time when minorities and especially Latinos emerged as a really formidable political force.

Bit like Brexit then :hihi:

Although I've been watching mostly Fox News here in the Philippines during the run up to the poll just for the entertainment value, now the results are coming in it's BBC and a little bit of CNN.

At 2am GMT Trump's doing better than I expected. Clinton's got Virginia, Trump North Carolina. Florida's on a knife edge. Clinton's shading Ohio. Trump's not doing bad. But I still think Clinton's going to win this.

Only 34% of the polling stations have reported in North Carolina so far and it's tied at 49% each. There is still hope that Hillary will win NC.

Trump's pulling away. It's now his election to lose. Gulp.

If he does win it'll be the first US election I ever called wrong.

I think a lot of Americans might be waking up tomorrow morning thinking, 'my God, what have we done... '

This is beyond horrifying.

Well I guess that dispels the preposterous idea that the ballots would be rigged against Trump huh?

Edited by Santo