US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

He said what?!?

I haven't heard him say that. The American academic on QT claimed he'd been trying to recruit someone to do the job for him if he won, more or less. But I haven't heard him say he'd jack it in mid term.

I haven't heard him say that. The American academic on QT claimed he'd been trying to recruit someone to do the job for him if he won, more or less. But I haven't heard him say he'd jack it in mid term.

Well he's not allowed under US law to pursue his business interests in parallel. It all as to be held in a blind trust.

So he can't really be a part-time president or a president in name only.

And the only person who can constitutionally replace him is the VP, but all he has to do to make that happen is write out a one line resignation and sign it.

There was only mischievous talk earlier in the year that he might not serve at all, if he won the election.

---------- Post added 13-11-2016 at 20:12 ----------

I think he'll find this being President lark a bit trickier than he thought.

Not tricky when you know how to delegate ......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/offwhitepapers/2015/08/24/donald-trump-and-the-wollman-rinking-of-american-politics/#15384c5526b2

There was only mischievous talk earlier in the year that he might not serve at all, if he won the election.

---------- Post added 13-11-2016 at 20:12 ----------

Not tricky when you know how to delegate ......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/offwhitepapers/2015/08/24/donald-trump-and-the-wollman-rinking-of-american-politics/#15384c5526b2

thats exactly what will happen, he will delegate positions as any leader would, his business experience will stand him well in organising and prioritising, hopefully he will treat it like a business.

Apparently he no longer plans to repeal Obamacare. Just modify it.

Didn't take long.

The wall will be a fence soon.

Can you predict the lottery numbers too?!?!?!? :hihi:

---------- Post added 14-11-2016 at 10:15 ----------

That's how long Clinton has to get out and escape being locked up.

Unless I've missed a giant WHOOOOOOSH here, I suggest you go and look up the relationship between Trump and the Clinton's and once you've done that if you still think there is the slightest chance Trump would lock up one of his closest friends...

I read on the internet that he is actually a space alien, but then they said the same about Obama. I suppose you just choose to believe exactly what you want to believe and pass it on as the truth. The truth is that's how missinformation gets spread.

With a budget of nearly Half a Billion Less than Clinton he had to make some attention grappling claims. Out of bad choices I do think they picked right, for us.

Dear Lord, please don't try and use that...his choice to come out with bile rather than fund a campaign, it's not like he's poor is it? However, I support his lack of spending if I'm honest, the US and UK are rapidly turning into countries where only the very richest can afford the campaigning and that's all kind of levels of wrong.

I wonder how Trump, and his more muscular supporters, would have been reacting if it had been him who had won the popular vote by a smallish margin, but lost the college by a large one?

He'd probably say “We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!” and “The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy,”

Like he did in 2012 when it happened to Mitt Romney...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-2012-election-tweetstorm-resurfaces-popular-electoral/story?id=43431536

I totally agree with you. Violent protests are going to cause nothing except more division, hatred and damage.

If you dislike the outcome, find a way to make sure the next election goes a different way through education, better policies etc rather than smashing up a shop.

Though I didn't vote for Trump, I can see it as an opportunity to see how a TV huckster can handle a dangerous world. There are enough checks and balances to ensure he doesn't get away with too much. Impeachment worked in the case of Richard Nixon and his crooked cohort Spiro Agnew. However I hope it will not come to that, and the people he chooses to run the country are the right kind.

Though I didn't vote for Trump, I can see it as an opportunity to see how a TV huckster can handle a dangerous world. There are enough checks and balances to ensure he doesn't get away with too much. Impeachment worked in the case of Richard Nixon and his crooked cohort Spiro Agnew. However I hope it will not come to that, and the people he chooses to run the country are the right kind.

The appointment of this white supremacist and Jew hater doesn't look too promising though does it - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/steve-bannon-white-supremacists-celebrate-donald-trumps-appointment-of-far-right-breitbart-editor-a7416661.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Interesting that the user who started the thread and was convinced there was a conspiracy to rig the election (including the voting mechanisms) hasn't been since the result was announced.

Egg on face perhaps?

been a lot of accusations of anti Semitism in the labour party