US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

[/b]

Ain't that the truth. And they're prepared to lie through their teeth to achieve it.

And then people take out their frustration by treating important political decisions like Brexit and President of the US as simply a vote of no confidence in the government and politics in general.

I voted to leave the EU, because I wanted the UK to leave the EU. I continue to have confidence in our current Government and I am grateful to them for giving me a vote in the EU referendum.

Some might argue our system is worse. The Tories in 2015 got more votes than any other party but in total more people didn't vote Tory than did.

Indeed, but then that is almost always the case. The last time a party won more than 50% of the vote was 1931. Even when Blair won his landslide in 1997, more people didn't vote for Blair than did vote for him.

The fact that the US is really a two party state (the smaller parties getting such a small percentage) means that that is much easier for a candidate to get over 50% of the popular vote. Indeed, Obama did in 2012, 2008, and Bush did in 2004.

Indeed, but then that is almost always the case. The last time a party won more than 50% of the vote was 1931. Even when Blair won his landslide in 1997, more people didn't vote for Blair than did vote for him.

The fact that the US is really a two party state (the smaller parties getting such a small percentage) means that that is much easier for a candidate to get over 50% of the popular vote. Indeed, Obama did in 2012, 2008, and Bush did in 2004.

If memory serves, more people voted for major in 1992 than Blair in 97

That's how long Clinton has to get out and escape being locked up.

nah hes backtracked on that too aswell as obamacare

nah hes backtracked on that too aswell as obamacare

He'll backtrack some more yet. Some savvy political commentators said this would happen. Some of them are very handsome too;);););)

If memory serves, more people voted for major in 1992 than Blair in 97

Indeed. Major won more votes than any other candidate in UK election history (before or since).

I think he'll find this being President lark a bit trickier than he thought.

I think he'll find this being President lark a bit trickier than he thought.

He has said he might not serve the full term, maybe he will get out if the going gets tough?

He has said he might not serve the full term, maybe he will get out if the going gets tough?

He said what?!?