US presidential election, final poll

Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate would you vote for if you had to pick one?

• Trump
    • Clinton

I'm wearing all black today. ....I'm in mourning for my country.

...."inflames anger and hatred wherever he goes".

Except from the majority of Americans that just voted him President Elect.

Perhaps not. Clinton could have got the popular vote. But I see your point.

Michelle Obama has also been mentioned as a possibility.
..........well lets hear it for the wives!:)

I'm wearing all black today. ....I'm in mourning for my country.

Don't take it so seriously, it's only for a few years then you can have another vote.

Get thissen down to the pub and have a few pints.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 18:11 ----------

..........well lets hear it for the wives!:)

What is it about these US political dynasties?

:thumbsup:

It does make me smile when folks who only know America from a 7 day trip to Disneyland think they can teach folk who live, work, drive, buy food, pay taxes, go to school, buy houses, bring up kids 24/7 in the country how they should have voted.

A similar smile crossed my face on the realisation that Americans had voted for a man who claimed to be an anti establishment champion of the working classes who has absolutely no experience of struggling to make ends meet, buying food, getting his kids into nice schools or indeed paying tax.

I think this piece from Bernie Sanders says it all about how people are rejecting globalisation around the world and how working class people around the world are prepared to vote against it.This is why Donald Trump does have a chance of winning.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-28/bernie-sanders-world-rejecting-globalization

I made this post i think four days ago with the link from Bernie Sanders who had anticipated this happening amongst the beleagured white working class of central america who had lost their jobs.He was listening to them and so was Trump ,unfortunately for clinton she did not listen to them.I said i was going to have a bet on Trump winning,wish i had.

Edited by area 51

A similar smile crossed my face on the realisation that Americans had voted for a man who claimed to be an anti establishment champion of the working classes who has absolutely no experience of struggling to make ends meet, buying food, getting his kids into nice schools or indeed paying tax.
........well of course the vast majority of people in the world given the chance would like to emulate that lifestyle, but maybe he has had a Damascus Road experience!........lets see!

Am getting a bit fed up of the coverage...... two or so years plus of build-up.... we should get a few months of peace and quiet before they get ready for the next election...

Absolute joke of an election, glad the better candidate won.

Why are Americans obsessed with electing "the first" president.

Obama "the first black president"

Hillary trying to sell everyone "the first female president"

Now Michelle Obama being touted for 2020 (not seriously) as "the first black female president"

Why does it matter what colour, gender, race or whatever, America should vote for who they think will do the best job, not on skin colour or gender, is that not sexist and racist against the white male or anyone else who is not (the first) just look at the backlash trump has received today.

Why does skin colour, gender etc get used as a political tool and not get a second mention.

Would not be surprised if we saw the first female black Lesbian president further down the road, not that I'd be bothered if they could do a decent job, just don't understand why everyone screams equality then try to make a massive issue over being different.

ITV & BBC should be ashamed of themselves for their biased coverage, negativity and clear favouritism for Hillary Clinton.

When the first female president does finally win, it should be a landmark, but it shouldn't have been used as a political tool to try wedge someone into the White House.

Edited by Mac_Plas

Better at what?

Getting people to vote for him, I'll give you. Can't think of anything else.

If you happen to be disappointed with last night's result, consider this...

Kanye West has declared an interest in running for President in 2020.

Michelle Obama has also been mentioned as a possibility.

But can she sing?

Oh.

Hang on....

Why are Americans obsessed with electing "the first" president.

Obama "the first black president"

Hillary trying to sell everyone "the first female president"

Now Michelle Obama being touted for 2020 (not seriously) as "the first black female president"

Why does it matter what colour, gender, race or whatever, America should vote for who they think will do the best job, not on skin colour or gender, is that not sexist and racist against the white male or anyone else who is not (the first) just look at the backlash trump has received today.

Why does skin colour, gender etc get used as a political tool and not get a second mention.

Would not be surprised if we saw the first female black Lesbian president further down the road, not that I'd be bothered if they could do a decent job, just don't understand why everyone screams equality then try to make a massive issue over being different.

ITV & BBC should be ashamed of themselves for their biased coverage, negativity and clear favouritism for Hillary Clinton.

When the first female president does finally win, it should be a landmark, but it shouldn't have been used as a political tool to try wedge someone into the White House.

Apparently, yesterday the Democrats were talking about Chelsea Clinton following in her Mother's footsteps and becoming the second female American President, until the victory party was Trumped.

Edited by Gamston